Animated Herald Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated Herald Change

Is it possible to change which of the animated heralds appears for a particular nation in the audience chamber?

I'm reasonably sure that it is, although many have posted here that it is not. I have not tried it myself yet, but I think that both the wonder movies and the heralds can be rearranged as far as when they appear in a regular game. I'm not so sure about the heralds in scenarios.

What exactly did you have in mind?

Ken

Comment

The only way I know, is to rename the *.avi(?)files... but may be, there is an other one. (Of course, there must be a copy with the *.avi files [in the folder KINGS] in your CIV2 folder.)
      [This message has been edited by AroSch (edited August 16, 2000).]
      Arne · Das Civilization Forum

Comment

What I've done is made the Americans in my games into Native Americans rather than being post 1776-83 Americans, so I want the animated herald to be the Aztec one rather than the "Davey Crockett" one.

Comment

Yes, it works like this:
          1. Make a copy of the KINGS directory with all *.avi files(~32 MB) from cd to your HD: C:\...CIV2\KINGS.
          2. Rename the HRLDAMI.avi to HRLDAZT.avi and the HRLDAZT.avi to HRLDAMI.avi. (If you want the animated heralds (AMI+AZT) to be both the Aztec one, make a copy of the Aztec and and rename first the HRLDAMI to somthing other (HRLDAMI1.avi[?]) then the copy of HRLDAZT.avi to HRLDAMI.avi)
          3. Sorry for my bad english.

Arne · Das Civilization Forum

Comment

Working...
          X