Re-hiding map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-hiding map

I looked around but couldn't find an answer to this.

I made my first scenario recently and have a problem: I moved the starting point of the human player civ, and it left the previous starting point as revealed map. I'd like to re-hide the map at the previous starting point while leaving the current one revealed. How can I do this? Thanks.

Campo-

I've made that mistake before as well, and it can be rather painful. The only thing you can do, as far as I know, is to "cover whole map" via scenario parameters, and reaccomlish the map-revealing process. I do have one hint for doing this though: create a temp unit with the alpine ability and a movement of 42.

Comment

And the sees 2 squares ability! I use an air unit if there is extensive seas, too.
      "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
      -OOTS

Comment

Or you temporarily change the movement cost of all (land) terrains to zero and use whatever land unit you want to travel around infinitely. This only works on land though, sea must be uncovered the "old-fashioned" way.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by shamrock on 05-30-2000 06:10 PM
          Campo-

I've made that mistake before as well, and it can be rather painful. The only thing you can do, as far as I know, is to "cover whole map" via scenario parameters, and reaccomlish the map-revealing process. I do have one hint for doing this though: create a temp unit with the alpine ability and a movement of 42.

Is there a way to avoid this problem altogether?

Comment

As far as I know, there is no other way.
            But being forced to reveal the map is not the worst thing which could happen to you... It could even happen to you that you are forced to check ALL cities if the citicens are working on the sorrounding fields or get entertainers, especially if you end your turn or save the game during the revealing process
            Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Working...
            X