Another small annoyance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another small annoyance.

Ok, I renamed the Nuclear Fission tech something else and gave it to all the civs in my scenario. I forgot that when you give that tech, the "uranium" trade item appears. I had already renamed uranium to bauxite, so after that was done, many cities worldwide suddenly wanted bauxite.

Inaccurate.

So, I pulled the Nuclear Fission tech back out, shuffled techs around, and made NF a "no,no" tech.

Problem solved, right?

Wrong.

There are still very many cities worldwide that want the bauxite trade item.

Is there any way to eliminate this? Get the trade stuff "normalized?"
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

You can use CivCity to set up trade items for each city in the scenario. Its a bit of work, especially if you have a lot of cities, but does the trick.
    The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
    Kaplak Stream

Comment

Thanks.

I should've thought of that.
      Lost in America.

Comment

Give Civcity a shot. It seems to be able to fix the problem.

I have replicated your problem with one of my own scenarios where there was no demand for uranium. After you give the NF tech, then let one turn pass, then demand for uranium starts showing up. What seems to happen is that the commodity changes as part of the city record. Even after you take NF out, the demand for uranium stays.

After I went into Civcity and changed the cities demanding uranium to demand something else, no new demand was generated after playing a couple of turns.
        Last edited by Gothmog; April 23, 2002, 09:54.
        "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
        --

Comment

IT WORKED!

You're a savior, Carl.

The suggestion you made worked perfectly; problem solved!

And thanks sooooooo much!

Exile
          Lost in America.

Comment

Yes, Civ City is a glorious program indeed!

Forgive my ignorance, but is Uranium (or in this case Bauxite) the most valued commodity on the board? It comes the latest in the default gamne so I assume that its rewards are the greatest?

-FMK.

Comment

According to this source, Uranium gives a 200% trade bonus, which indeed makes it the most valuable commodity.
              STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by our_man

According to this source, Uranium gives a 200% trade bonus, which indeed makes it the most valuable commodity.
                Yes! and almost never supplied. I think maybe a couple of times in all of the standard civ games I've played, I have ever supplied uranium.

Exile,
                I had thought the commodity changing function nearly useless in CivCity because very often the game changes commidities to something else. I am gratified to know it's actually useful. This also has given me some insight into how trade works with respect demanded commodities.
                "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                --

Comment

LOL!

I'm glad my ineptitude could be of assistance to you, Carl.

Lost in America.

Comment

Working...
                  X