Call for playtesters soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for playtesters soon.

I'm putting the finishing touches on a new scenario.

Imperialism 1870

It has several interesting features;

1.) No railroads. Roads are railroads with a greatly increased movement multiplier.

2.) A giga-map of the world. It's very . . . big.

3.) 255 cities placed worldwide.

4.) Events that simulate many of the rebellions, uprisings, and colonial wars of the period.

5.) Runs from 1870 to 1920 and could end in World War!

6.) Another of my typically extended tech trees.

7.) Over 50 "barbarian" cities just waiting to be occupied by the imperial powers. (You might have to fight your way in, though )

7.) Did I mention . . . big?

Anyone interested post in this thread and I'll check back here from time to time (whenever the site is actually functional ) I've still got to put together a splash graphic, the events file, and toy with some of the units and techs to ferret out the most glaring errors prior to playtesting, but the map is done. The tech tree (in its preliminary stage) is done. The cities/units/improvements/wonders/terrain are all placed. I've waited for quite some time for someone else to do an Imperialism scenario, but just got tired of waiting and did it myself.
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Woohoo, well let me be the first to reply, oh and its an afirmative Although i know that there will be about 90 versions while you update the tech tree one bit at a time but enough, i accept. Grothgar_1999@yahoo.com
    Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Second one:
      I'll accept to, sounds a bit like the one i was doing but it starts in 1816 after napoleon.

e-mail: sor_richards@hotmail.com
      "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

What are the seven playable civs?

Comment

Hi Exile,
          I´m a gigamap scenario fan, so i´d like to take a look at yours. Please, send it here: academia2002@hotmail.com
          South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
          Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

I'm enjoying AOW, and I'd love to see a one of a more broad scope.
            Last edited by JamesJKirk; May 19, 2004, 01:52.

Comment

More Info . . .

JJK; With this giga-map, broad is certainly the right word. For me, this very large map both solves some problems and provides a distinctive flavor to the scenario. It will take some time to get around the world, even though ship movement is greatly increased over my previous scenarios. This should give one the feeling of traversing oceans instead of crossing the little lake-like excuses for oceans on the normal-sized maps. Trade will become especially important due not only to the high tech multiplier, but also because of the immense distances involved. I shudder to think what a trade route from Sydney to London would generate in terms of cash. Paris will NOT be two spaces away from Berlin! Trying to run down elusive colonial-era foes in the vast wilderness will not be a simple matter. There is also enough space so that cities that were NOT ports will not BE ports (I'm talking about towns like Tananarive and Mexico City, for example).

Warvoid; The civs are: British, French, Russian, German/Austrian/Scandinavian, American, Japanese, and Italian/Spanish/Latin American. Barbs control the rest, about 55 cities, and have been relabelled "Oriental" in line with the feel of the period.

Over the next week I should have the splash graphic completed and have worked out all the "stupid" kinks. When I've got the event file done, I'll start sending playtest versions out.

And thanx to everyone for volunteering
              Lost in America.

Comment

Are any of the Latin American cities going to be barb controlled? Like Haiti and Dominican Republic that were independent, but also very subject to foreign intervention?

Also, the starting date places not many European cities in Africa, so will the whole continent pretty much be open game?

Comment

Once again, Civ2 forces compromises.

JJK; even with the giga-sized map, the island of Hispaniola will only contain one city, Port-au-Prince, and it will be part of the Latin American/Spanish/Italian civ. Given a perfect world (and a more reasonable number of potential player civs) I would have made each of those 3 separate civs.

And you are right on the money about the Europeans-in-Africa situation at the start of the scenario. The whole continent is virtually wide open to colonization. The Suez Canal (colossus) is in Egypt already, and located in a "Oriental" city. Given each of the player civ's opening fiscal crises, there will probably be a race to see which Imperial power can snatch it first.
                  Lost in America.

Comment

Re: Call for playtesters soon.

Originally posted by Exile
                    I've waited for quite some time for someone else to do an Imperialism scenario, but just got tired of waiting and did it myself.
                    Spanky is still working on a scenario that covers exactly the same period. Only an ordinary world map though. It looked really good, but I think theres still a big wait on its release.

Well done Exile! I think you should have a playtest pbem as your scenarios seem to play particularly well in that medium.
                    Last edited by winterfritz; April 20, 2002, 03:20.

Comment

Re: Re: Call for playtesters soon.

As I told you before I'll be happy to playtest.

Oh and when it comes around to a pbem, I want to be in it! (the original AoW game started as a pbem playtest after all...)
                      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

LOl, well i better put my bid in for the test game pbem....

i'll take the British , when we get it going..

btw- exile in New Zealand included with maroi pa's?? Or something. (mightier than a fortess and where trench warfare was invented in New Zealand, in 1780, and the British did not learn there lesson here in the 3 New Zealand Wars it was brought around by, the british way attrition)

A quick history lesson, NZ may have been a dominion or part of the british empire, but it was only small towns, like wellington, christchurch, auckland, all the rest of the country was maroi, and arkoroa was french, yes everyone, we had french colony in New Zealand and dutch, scotish, irish, welsh, german, Scandinavian.

YAY !!! WINTERFRITZ, MORE PBEM!! LOL

OK there i'm finished
                        Last edited by Soundwave; April 20, 2002, 15:36.
                        "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Then its unaminous... the official test pbem has started already

I bags the Japanese. Send me the scenario at winterfritz_21@yahoo.com

Comment

****! I wanted the japs

I'll be either Scandinavia/Germany or France.
                            Last edited by Henrik; April 20, 2002, 08:51.
                            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                              the original AoW game started as a pbem playtest after all...
                              Exactly

Comment

Working...
                              X