Bribery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bribery

Ack! How can I prevent the diplomats from bribing cities? I mean, I checked Harlan's "Mongols" scenario, but I didn't get how to do it!

------------------
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

We who grew up tall and proud
    In the shadow of the mushroom cloud
    Convinced our voices can't be heard
    We just want to scream it louder and louder:
    "What the hell are we fighting for?"
    "Just surrender and it won't hurt at all"
    -Brian May (Queen)
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

I was thinking about the palace thing too, but it is somehow stupid if the Sultanate of Delhi has Delhi,Agra, Multan, Lahore etc. for capitals. How does that erasing from the Game.txt work? I mean, I tried it, but I still had the option just with the difference that it had no name.

------------------
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

We who grew up tall and proud
    In the shadow of the mushroom cloud
    Convinced our voices can't be heard
    We just want to scream it louder and louder:
    "What the hell are we fighting for?"
    "Just surrender and it won't hurt at all"
    -Brian May (Queen)
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

When you erase it from the game.txt you must make sure you only delete the entire contense of the concerned lines. If leave just a simple space the option will remain active. Also it is important to note that you may not delete the line, just make sure it is absolutly empty.

If it still does not work send me the file and I try fix it.
      The Lost Geologist Blog
      http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

if Civs can't change their governements in your scenario then give them democracy.. but you can't bribe units too !

Comment

Putting a courthouse (or equivalent) is a valid way of increasing cost of bribing cities.

Surgically removing the spyoption from GAME.txt is another way, but only pertains to the human player.

Otherwise, it is possible (I think) to copy your capital city's improvements, or at least *cheat* in the scen editor, to put palaces in every single city. I don't know what effect this will have on disorder, corruption, etc, but it should make it impossible to bribe any city of that civ.

This is an extreme method and it might have unforeseen side effects...

------------------
          "In all creation, there can be no task more onerous or tedious than that of playing God." - Stephen Fry, 'The Liar'.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

The AI civs only bribe cities if you're playing at Emperor level or higher in any case.

Comment

It is my understanding that the AI now needs to have a diplomat to bribe units...at least so I thought...

Comment

Working...
              X