Quick History Lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick History Lessons

Right, i just wanted to get a few things stright, i mean if you make a sceranio, or a historical one, you want it historical as possible.... so if anyone wants to add there opinions or even something history wish, like Stuka was used from 1936-1945, do it...

Ottoman Empire and its Decline
    (this is for the modern decline from about 1850-onwards before WW1)

Albania- Ottoman province until 1912, indepedent princedom 1912, kingdom in 1928
    Algeria- French conquest 1830-1847
    Bosnia- Herzegovina-Austrian 'influence' from 1878, annexed 1908
    Bulgaria- Ottoman province 1878, autonomus 1885, independant 1908
    Crete- Ottoman province 1878, autonomous 1898, merged with greece in 1913
    Cyrprus- Ottoman province.. British Occupation 1878
    Greece- Ottoman Rule 1821 Indepedantstate 1833.
    Libya- Ottoman sovereignty until 1835, Ottoan province 1835, italian conquest 1912
    Macedonia- Ottoman province, divided beween Greece, serbia, bulgaria, 1913
    Montenegro- Autonomous region within the ottoman Empire, independent 1878, kingdom 1910
    Morocco- Independent sultanate (under ottoman protection), French and Spainish Protectorates 1912
    Romania- Ottoamn provinces, unitedin 1859, independant 1878
    Serbia- Autonomoous province early 19th century, independent 1978.
    Tunisia- Autonomous Province... French influence 1881

And done.. so yea!
    Last edited by Soundwave; March 28, 2002, 19:23.
    "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

What happened in Albania between 1912-28? I know in 1920 Italy tried to take over, but failed. BTW for Serbia, it should be 1878, not 1978
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

I thought that Albania was made a kingdom in the peace treaties immediately after the Second Balkan War (June-July 1913) because of Austro-Hungarian influence, which didn't want to see the area become Serbian.
      Last edited by winterfritz; March 28, 2002, 19:20.

Comment

Albania- Ottoman province until 1912, indepedent princedom 1912(not involved in Balkans War, except mercenies), kingdom in 1928

I love the balkans!!! Espcially this peroid, i told winterfritz i made a scenario once but was destroyed so i must make it again!

Comment

If you want a tonne of history information categorised by nation, I highly recommend the following site: http://www.emulateme.com

Just pick a country from the list in the drop-down box on the right side of the page. Some country's don't have their history listed, but many others do. And those that do, have the BEST information i've yet been able to find.

If you need military/information related sites for good info, check out my website's militaria page here: http://www.geocities.com/hellrepublic/militaria.html

I really need to update that list one of these days.

Comment

Good Sites!!!

I just wrote that, coz i'm sick of people thinking tunis was always french, i mean, italy got so ****ed off at france for her taking it over, coz italy already had colonists on it... go figure! I think that started the go into the Austro-German Camp.

Comment

Working...
            X