New Scenario Maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scenario Maybe

I'm toying with creating a scenario that I've had in mind for ages. I've started by drawing the map. I've finished the landmass, now I just have to put the terrain in. I'd display it here if I new how

Anyway, since this is my first attempt I have a couple of questions (well, I've got loads of questions but two will do to start with )

1. I'm having a hellish time with the unit slots. Anyone got some tips on positioning the units so they don't cover the sheilds?

2. I'm assuming that you can draw the map with the standard civ terrain and load in better stuff afterwards. Is this true?

Cheers

1. Yes. Instead moving the units around, move their shields You can do this easily in the unit editor of FW, or with a paint program. The positions of the unit shields can be influenced by moving the blue dots on the green border around (make sure you use the exact color). Please, see this link to the ScenarioLeague Website for more details:

excerpt: "The blue dots on the sides of the square are important; they tell the program where to put the shield."

2. Absolutely. Simply create the map as you wish. If you want to have other terrain graphics later, you have to change the files terrain1.gif and terrain2.gif (or .bmp). Editing these files only changes the appearance of your map, not the terrain values (e.g. food, trade or defense boni)
    Blah

Comment

Wow, thx Bebro. I never knew about moving the flags about hehe It's been one of the things that put me off trying to make a scenario in the past. I'm in your debt

Comment

You can use custom terrain in the map editor as well. simply replace the terrain 1 and/or terrain 2 files in your Civ2 directory, and the new graphics will show up in the map editor As Bebro said, the terrain values won't change, but this hardly matters.
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
        X