This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundwave and 'Princess Lee'

A couple of days ago Warvoid sent me a PM that confirmed my suspicion that the poster 'Princess Lee' is actually Soundwave's DL.

While having a DL by itself is generally agreed to be a bad thing, in this case it's a major offence. This is because Soundwave has entered 'Princess Lee' in a PBEM that he is also in (the Great Napoleonic Battles game).

As most of you are aware, Soundwave was recently given an indication of how strongly the community feels about cheating. Because of this he cannot claim that he wasn't warned that cheating of any sort is strongly frowned upon.

Due to the breach of trust involved in this offence, I believe that Soundwave should be banned from all the PBEMs that he is currently in, and not be allowed into further games on this site.

Thoughts anyone?

I should also add that on my request Warvoid checked several other posters, and cleared all of them of possible DL status.
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Has SW had anything to say about it? Its not just some friend of his logging in from his machine?

Although I guess that could create "questions" in a PBEM game too...

On the DL question I won't be needing my Warvoid login anymore. (Somebody had to say it )

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
      Has SW had anything to say about it? Its not just some friend of his logging in from his machine?
      A few days ago I was chatting to Soundwave on MSN Messenger and he was boasting about how a girl had joined his game. When I asked him if he knew her, he replied that he didn't.
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Oh no!!! not again...

I guess that, as for the last "problem", it's better to wait for Soundwave's explanations...

And Case, who did you think my DL was ?? Ming ???
        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Well, too bad some people can't just stick to the rules...

And really bad because, apart from that, Soundwave is fun to play with/against...

Comment

While this is a really bad offence Soundwave obviously didnt think this through because his alter ego chose turkey, i mean come on all you do is choose the two most powerful, well thats what i would do

But anyway i agree with case that he should be banned, i dont think he would have won, i would have kicked his @ss

But bad soundwave!
            Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Why dont they learn?

OK Soundwave, you had your chance. DL's just aren't cool... at all. We are trying to have fun here and you are messing things up by foolin' with this.

I now have serious doubts about your last incedent as well, and what have you done to restore any faith? Nothing.

Do I want to play with someone that does this? No. Do others? Most likely, no. When all you have is trust amongst your rivals, and cheating is so rampant, you'll find people don't care to play with cheaters and the like.

Now I dont care that Princess Lee and you chose to command 2 civs that arent working together. It is just unsavory behaviour all around.

You've now been caught red handed. What have you to say for yourself? And dont tell me something like "you guys take too long, I just wanted to speed things up"... thats nonsense. You are going to need a very good explanation to get yourself out of this one.

-FMK.

Get out the magical Ban Rod.

Comment

Time for an OT tradition to make an appearance.

DEEEE EEEEEEEL!!!

*does the DL dance*

Frankly, I'm amazed someone didn't do this yet! Shame on you all!

STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

wait dont ban him until he can explain this for himself
                  Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Dropkick his ass the same way as the third reich

Oh man oh man, tisk tisk tisk . This is definatly not cool, I mean I was all revved up and ready to kick some Napolean butt and this comes along. Now the PBEM will never take place. Oh well, life goes on. Does anyone want to take Soundwave's place?

Also, what does DL stand for anyways?
                    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Yes, the IP's of Soundwave and Princess Lee are an exact match, along with the ISP's, which confirms it without a doubt.

Jimmy - DL = Double-Login

DL's are ok, IMHO, if you don't do any harm with them. Hell, even I had a few of them years ago. But when you use them to cheat and powergame, it becomes uncool.

I sent a message to Markos suggesting that Soundwave and his DL receive a ban. How long that ban would be I left to his discretion.

Comment

DL's are ok, IMHO, if you don't do any harm with them. Hell, even I had a few of them years ago. But when you use them to cheat and powergame, it becomes uncool.
                        I'm in complete agreement. I've never been bothered by DLs before, BUT using them to cheat in a PBEM game is something entirely different! This act of treachery suggests the possibility that he may have been cheating in all PBEMs thusfar. What's to stop him from going into the rules and changing the stats on his units during his turn to make for some major conquests?

But I don't want to jump to any conclusions. Where is Soundwave? What is his explanation? Why did he do it? He was Britain and Turkey, two civs that were probably allies in that game against the French so why couldn't he have volunteered as Soundwave for both? Please don't ban him from the forums yet, I'm curious to what he has to say.
                        Re-elect Bush!

Comment

I want to hear his explanations too, but I think he is away for a while, as ANZAC is playing for him in the PBEMs.

Comment

Once Soundwave is kicked out of his PBEMs, I won't be continuing as his civ in those games. There are just too many! I wonder how he gets the time
                            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

You should let him have a say before canning him, but such an infraction goes against the spirt of the games.
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Working...
                              X