A quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick question

Does anybody know how the beakers to discover the next advance is calculated specifically? (I know it has something to do with discoveries made by a civ, but I know it's not the current # of techs a civ has.)

Also, does anybody know where this particular piece of information is stored in saved games? I'd like to put together a hex editor to remove it.

I was under the impression that it was directly related to the number of techs a civ posesses. Discovered/Traded/Researched didn't matter. There was a thread in the Strat section some time ago in which Sten (or maybe Carolus?) posted about "gifting" relatively useless techs to opponents at an opportune moment in order to increase that opponents science rate.

Comment

The way it appears to work with how I have it set up in Kyokujitsu, is even though I take the tech away, the effect is snowballing toward slowing science.

Comment

See this older Thread:

Apolyton CS Forums > Civilization II > Civ2-General/Help > The system of advances in Civ2

Comment

See this older Thread:

Apolyton CS Forums > Civilization II > Civ2-General/Help > The system of advances in Civ2
          from Slow Thinker

Comment

Working...
          X