Please recommend me some must play scns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please recommend me some must play scns

Hi, I haven't downloaded any Civ2 scns since the early Red Front days and I'm afraid I've missed quite a few excellent ones. So which ones should I download first? I'm fully open to suggestion, but I'll have you know that sci-fi and fantasy scns aren't my cup of tea, anything historical will do fine.

Thanks.

Those are pretty vague guidlines, but my favorites are (in no order):

Second Front by Michael Jezenka
    Arabia Awakens by Leon Marrick? Not sure...
    Four Sea Republics by ??? (Bad memory)
    Yougoslavia by ??? (Again, can't remeber. Doesn't help that Civ2 is on the OTHER computer)
    Mongols by Harlan
    Vikings by Harlan

I intentionally left off the WWII scenarios.
    A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Cross and Crescent by BeBro
      Fire and Roses by Stefan Haertel
      Cruel Sea by Case
      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Thanks, but Mongols and Vikings by Harlan are in fact long time favourites of mine! I think I already played Arabia Awakes as well but I could be wrong. Second Front looks interesting, where can I dl it?

Comment

Second Front is by Captain Nemo - not Mike Jeszenka. BOB must have meant Second Reich (another excellent, but old, scenario btw).

Second Front and Second Reich can be downloaded from the Civilization Scenario Collection, although only v1.0 of 2nd Front can be found there. v1.1 was never posted on any site - I had to obtain my copy off ANZAC after I lost my one in a HD crash. I think he said he was going to e-mail Thunderfall the files to host on Civfanatics.

Besides this, check out:
          Bebro's "Imperium Romanium"
          Case's "Cruel Sea" & "Raging Dragon"
          Jay Bee's "Of Celts and Iberians"
          Carl Fritz's "Pitt's War" & "The Struggle for Empire"
          Kobayashi's "Dominion War"

I know you stated you don't like Sci-Fi, but the last one is worth trying out despite this.

Oh, there's also my scenario, The United Irishmen, which can be found in the Industrial Scenarios at Civfanatics.
          STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

In the near future: Tecumseh´s "Red October"
            and hopefully Cross&Crescent 2.0

Then "Riverwar" by Allard Höfelt
            "Death and Resurrection of an Empire" - Mathias Köster
            "Gok Blue" - Prometeus
            "Seize the Crown!" - John Ellis
            "Carolus Gustavus Reagis" by Henrik Lohmander
            the updated version of "The Thirty Years War" - Jesús Munoz

etc, etc...
            Last edited by BeBMan; March 19, 2002, 19:32.
            Blah

Comment

Whoops, I meant Second reich. Doh
              I also want to add Napoleanic Eagles by Markus Elkund, which you can find at the Spainish site.
              A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Other than those already mentioned

"Rome Riots 2" - St Leo
                "Cruel Sea 2" - Case
                "Subwars" - BeBro (ok its sorta sci-fi but well worth it anyway IMO )

And again, Kobayashi's Star Trek Dominion War is absolutely supurb whether or not you like the genre.

Comment

All of Masis's 'Age of...' scenarios are well worth a look
                  Techumseh's Congo scenario is great as well

BTW, don't download 'The Cruel Sea' version 1 from this site, but instead get it from Civfanatics which has the vastly improved version 2
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

The already listed Imperium Romanum, and Carl Fritz's Justinian the Great are my two favourite scenarios about the Roman Empire (the latter one is about the Eastern Roman Empire though, to be precise )

Also be sure to check out the excellent John Ellis scenarios, Hellas, Colonies (updated version available) and Bonaparte. Bonaparte II should be released shortly - I'm helping playtest it now

Comment

Paul Cullivan's "seeds of greatness"
                      Michael Daumens "great game"
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Hmm...most scenarios I like have already been mentioned but you really need to give Holy Roman Empire by Munoz(?) and 30 Years War a try.

Also may I shamelessly point to my last scenario called "Vikings - Across the Oceans" by me, Mathias Köster. It can be found with my other scenarios like "Daroae" on my website. http://buerger.metropolis.de/mathiashk
                        click on Civ 2 there and follow to scenarios.

Albe de America is also great. Made be Jeses Balsinde??? Look at the spanish civ2 site and you'll know what I mean.
                        The Lost Geologist Blog
                        http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hendrik the Great

Albe de America is also great. Made be Jeses Balsinde??? Look at the spanish civ2 site and you'll know what I mean.
                          by jesus,

go here, all the scenarios are very good

Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

There are many scenarios I like, but the ones I have played the most are definitely Carl Fritz' "Brown Man's Burden" and kobayashis "Zweiter Weltkrieg". Not that this means I'm any good at'em. Just take a look at the ZWK pbem on Civfanatics... -playing against the author is pretty intimidating...

Other ones that are definitely worth checking out : Jay Bee's "El Dorado", Allard Höfelts "River War", Jesus Muñoz' "30 Years War" (updated version). There are lots of other good ones, but I just haven't played them enough to say.
                            The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
                            Kaplak Stream

Comment

Cacchio!!! Forgot about Henrik's Vikings... No bad intentions, Henrik - i truly forgot to mention it... it's one of my favourites.
                              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Working...
                              X