No announcement yet.

2194 Days PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A common mistake is to save the game, then press Ctrl-N, then send the saved game to another player

Comment

Sorry Soundwave, but I'd rather you didn't play your turn again. You'd stuff Moscow full of units and/or position your forces for a counterstrike. Plus, I couldn't be bothered moving the entire Wehrmacht all over again

Perhaps we could make some sort of a deal that I don't undertake any offensives for a turn, so you can repair the damage. On the other hand though, maybe the problems you've encountered are a good simulation of the administrative chaos that would have occurred if Moscow, the administrative and communications hub of Russia, really had fallen to the Germans.

I am open to suggestions on this one.

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
      If the Germans can captialize on this, and maybe the Japs too... we could see an Axis victory here...

-FMK.
      Being a relative newcomer to the forums here, I'd be interested in hearing about any of the previous 2194 Days PBEMs you old hands remember. Did Axis or Allies win, and how did they do it? Also, what kind of rules.txt and events.txt did our predecessors use?
      Last edited by winterfritz; February 7, 2002, 02:23.

Comment

Winterfritz: for previous 2194 PBEMs we used the old rules (allied advantage) and events (germany). I remember played 3 times. One as Japan, one as Germany, one as Soviet. You can dig the thread out from this forum.

Comment

Thanks Xin Yu. We're using the allied advantage rules as well. However, Case has very nicely put together a Mpevents file for us (he was originally going to play as the US, but he went on holidays.) If it works well, hopefully it will be able to be used for more PBEMs of this scenario.

I'll look for those old PBEMs, but knowing the amount of ancient threads rusting away on this forum, I may have to set aside a week or two for the task
          Last edited by winterfritz; February 7, 2002, 02:44.

Comment

Yes Xin, as soundwave said, we are using a modified events file. It will have to have some work done to it before it will be used again. Need to keep the nuetrals from talking to other people, probably the chinese too. Need to keep the civ specific techs from being taded. Right now I have the ability to build Russian infantry and JS-1 tanks. That just isn't right, I will refuse to build them though. I do like the fact that the Japs do not have fifty million troops to overrun the world, and the fact that the Americans don't start out in the stone age.
            "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
            "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Check out this

Comment

Originally posted by Xin Yu
                Check out this
                http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=35181
                Thanks, that was very interesting. Did you ever end up finishing it?

BTW, remind me never to let you play against me

Comment

Not to get offened easily, but F**k you... i cant believe you guys wouldn't even do 2 turns again... its only a game, but ok we will keep playing, as i might as well retire, as this game (sux), its not historical, everytime i wanted to attack the Germans i had to sign a cease fire first and then break it and attack, you cant see the whole map, the chinese if i talk to them will cancel alliance, ever time i talk to the americans.. they will de-ally with me if i dont give them techs!!! when they shouldn't have them anyway... i have the ability to build brits inf, paratroopers, chinese inf, Gi's and churcills and its getting ridulcous, if i wanted this i would have been playing ZWK PBEM... sorry winterfritz but you have taken the fun outta this game... if i did know the comp was going do that i would have shoot him... well to be blunt i have lost, i used up most of my money to build units! and now its all buildings now... so i dunno what to do.... to put it into an ANZAC feeling... BUGGAR!!

So thanks guys
                  "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Dear Users of this game:-

I want to pass a vote to restart the game, with map revealed, no sharing techs, and no dipolmacy what so ever....

USSR - seanie_babes@hotmail.com
                    Japan - m_carreras@hotmail.com
                    Germany - winterfritz_21@yahoo.com
                    Neutrals - AI
                    Americans - Jimmywax@earthlink.net
                    British - glassesslayer@hotmail.com
                    Chinese - AI

(USSR or the USA should get the Chinese)

All in favour, or though against?

(well you know my vote... against
                    "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

My turn is down and I suppose that I could post it, but I am not all that happy with the events either. They just need a little tweaking I think, maybe take out some of the negotiations. (i.e. isolate the neutrals and chinese) Everyone needs to remember though to change the attitude in the diplomacy screen manually and not let the A.I. do it for you. Also, is there anyway we can keep the civ specific techs from being traded? I mean short of a house rule.
                      "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                      "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Fair enough, I also personally think its a bit silly trading unique techs. (Although I was going to enjoy using those Okha kamikazes on the Brits and Soviets ) I am willing to start over if everyone else is too.

Do we have a volunteer to edit the events.txt? I think we can leave the scenario file as is, apart from revealing the map. I can take care of that, but I really don't have the time to go through the events.

BTW Soundwave, from what I have been able to piece together, it seems that the production changes you encountered are some kind of bug that sometimes crops up 2194 Days PBEMs. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot one can do about them (replaying turns doesn't seem to help.) Take a look at the link Xin Yu posted for me to see what I mean. I think this is just something we all have to cope with as best we can. Luckily it doesn't seem to happen too often though.

Comment

I agree with Soundwave. I think we should start all over again and take out those nasty glitches.

Comment

I could give it a go. I am not an expert on events files but I think that I can get it done be examing Nemo's original. It may take me awhile, at least all weekend so be patient. Or if someone else wants to try be my guest.
                            "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Originally posted by winterfritz

BTW Soundwave, from what I have been able to piece together, it seems that the production changes you encountered are some kind of bug that sometimes crops up 2194 Days PBEMs. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot one can do about them (replaying turns doesn't seem to help.) Take a look at the link Xin Yu posted for me to see what I mean. I think this is just something we all have to cope with as best we can. Luckily it doesn't seem to happen too often though.
                              Have you tried my utility program for keeping the AI from messing up with production? It's under the thread 'need suggestions to my utility program' and attached to one of my posts. I have never got any feedback for this one so I don't know if it works.

Comment

Xin, can you control AI production via that utility?

Comment

Working...
                                X