Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please answer me if i'm doing something stupid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please answer me if i'm doing something stupid...

Ok, My War fro Austrian Succession is going on now, but i still need a tip before playtesting.

I'm not really happy about Civ2 score system or objectives cities assignment... so i wanted to ask for your Leaguers' opinion.

My humble idea : a political system, with a different goal for every nation. I inspired myself to Risiko score system, considering every city as a territory card, and every civ with a different objective to realize.

Example:

You're playing as Prussia? then you'll have to realize a certain goal, that's more exactly to neutralize France's influence over Germany and conquering Slesia without depowering Austria too much...

You're playing as Piedmont? You'll have to take control over Genoa, Corsica, Lumbardy and if possible to assume a leadership position in Italy...

You're playing as England? Simple try to mantain the "status quo ante"...

and so on.

So? What do you think about it? Or should i combine it with one of traditional Civ score systems?
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

I think that it is a more interesting system,

I´ve played an scn about the 30 year´s war (i don´t remember which one) that it had a similar score system

it´s a great idea
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Customized goals is the way to go!!

I have been thinking along this lines for a long time now (even if I'm no scenario creator myself )

Giving special objectives to every country would IMHO bring two main advantages (and not only for this specific scenario):

1) you would be able to make your scenario even more realistic

2) it would make playing all the different nations interesting, no matter how backward they are, as you wouldn't need to reach the same goals!!

So keep on going in this direction, I'm eager to see how you would make it
      Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
      Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
      POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
      LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Excellent!
        Reminds me of Arabia Awakens, where every civ had a different set of objectives and house rules. I love that scenario.
        A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Good idea

Have you considered using events to encourage players to follow thier goals?
          eg: Britain gets penalised every time a French city is captured, Prussia gets penalised every time someone else kills an Austrian unit, etc
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by HisMajestyBOB
            Excellent!
            Reminds me of Arabia Awakens, where every civ had a different set of objectives and house rules. I love that scenario.
            arabia awakens??

I´ve never heard of that scenario, where can I find it?
            Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
            Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Thanks to all for your precious tips!!

Originally posted by Case
              Good idea

Have you considered using events to encourage players to follow thier goals?
              eg: Britain gets penalised every time a French city is captured, Prussia gets penalised every time someone else kills an Austrian unit, etc
              Case, how about if England is going to be penalized every time French capture a Belgian city under austrian rule? this way, they'll be forced to defend them...

And Prussia is going to be penalized if their allies capture a very, very special Austrian unit...

Also, i resurrected an old trick i used in my Antigonos' scenario: to use some cities as mercenaries' recruiting center ( Hessen? Basel? Zurich? ). This way, assigning them as barbarian cities, also neutrals will have a goal: to conquer them, depriving big civs of their mercenaries services... and maybe big civs are going to be penalized as they conquest these cities ( but only once in the game ). A pay-once-and-for-all system to recruit mercenaries...
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur

arabia awakens??

I´ve never heard of that scenario, where can I find it?
                You should be able to find it on the Apolyton Database, its by Leon Marrick, who seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth, which is a real shame, as he made some great scenarios even before MGE and events
                A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Working...
                X