Peace loving fools!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace loving fools!

Red October (ToT scenario of the Russian Civil War) is almost ready for play testing. But I've hit a glitch. Two civs, the Whites and the Nationalists (Finns, Ukrainians, etc.) refuse to build units, just improvements and caravans. They have similar techs and governments to other civs which have normal production as well as some units in common with them. Under human control, units can be produced normally, it's just that the AI won't do it. I don't think there is a relationship to the musketeer slot since all units are below that position. As these are both critical antagonists to the Bolsheviks, it's not gonna work if I don't solve this problem. Can anyone provide some helpful advice?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Not really. But since it is for ToT, can´t you simply create there armies via events? I´ve heared that you can even create several new units with one single event in ToT, is that right?

I always use this method (via Randomturn events in FW, low value to trigger them often), because very often I want to have lots of different enemy units on the map, but the AI only builds the best attacker/defender types. Of course it is a bit harder when the AI does not build any units, but theoretically it should work...
    Blah

Comment

I seem to have solved it, at least for now. I'd set all my infantry at 2 movement. The White civ in particular, seems to need to build at least one defensive unit with a movement of one, in each city, prior to building other units. Once they have done so, other production seems to proceed as normal. Still, it's puzzling.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Send me the rules.txt file.

Comment

Done. Thanks.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
          X