No announcement yet.

New WWII Scenario in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With apologies to any canucks out there...

Originally posted by The ANZAC
    Funny how the Canadians have log cabins!!
    Would this be a more suitable city style?
    Attached Files
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

"It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Re: With apologies to any canucks out there...

Originally posted by Case

Too funny!
        Actually I guess this sort of city style kinda renders city walls obsolete.

Comment

Re: Re: With apologies to any canucks out there...

Originally posted by ravagon

Too funny!
          Actually I guess this sort of city style kinda renders city walls obsolete.
          Not by any means, you could always piss a line in the snow and hope no one crosses it.

Since I live in Montana I probably should be talking.
          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Re: With apologies to any canucks out there...

Originally posted by Case

Ooh.... can I use those? Please?
            The strategically impaired,
            -Cal

Comment

You could always use the igloos as 'resources' in the arctic.

anywho, here is a old truck full of American militia men, ready to kick some Nazi ass.
              Attached Files
              "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

Comment

I found some sites that might be helpful

Operation Sealion - get an idea of how the Nazis would plan an invasion

The Arsenal of the Germans - all the weapons the Germans used in WW2 and some proposed ones too.

Comment

Oh, nice to see you like the City Style I made.
                  But I abandoned the idea of walls for it because of the mentioned reasons.

Just an idea...for such an invasion, the German force couldn't possibly do that feat without to support of more advanced German subs like the Typ XXI and the Walter Boats and submersilbe troop carriers and re-supply ships, don't you think?
                  The Lost Geologist Blog
                  http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

The Germans' longest range bomber: the Messerschmitt Me 264 "Amerika". called the Amerika because it was planned to bomb New York from Germany.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's my attempt at a Ju-290/390. It was a long range recon plane intended to replace the Condor. During a test flight a 390 (which was the improved version of the 290) actually flew to mithin a few miles of New York City!
                      Attached Files
                      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Hendrik the Great
                        Just an idea...for such an invasion, the German force couldn't possibly do that feat without to support of more advanced German subs like the Typ XXI and the Walter Boats and submersilbe troop carriers and re-supply ships, don't you think?
                        That is why it is fictional. I am also going to have to go out on a limb here and say that it would have to exist in a timeline where Goeringh was killed in WWI. In that case, the Luftwaffe would not have been set back by the blunders that egotistical lard ass performed. The allies would have been destroyed at Dunkirk by the wehrmacht, funds would not have been diverted from the Kriegsmarine, and research funds for rockets and jets would not have been put into other areas that did little to help the war effort.
                        Last edited by Jimmywax; December 8, 2001, 03:08.
                        "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                        "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Here is a link to a site called luftwaffe '46. It list german jets and airplanes either on paper or in prototype form. It is a lot of speculation about "what if" the axis powers had survived another year. It is a safe assumtion though that if Goeringh wasn't around to tell Hitler that the Me 109 was all the Luft' neeeded and that they didn't need any long range bombers, some of these would have been made much earlier. I do not know if you want to go this way though.
                          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

oops!
                            I forgot to put the link.

P.S. be sure to check out the Horton section.
                            Last edited by Jimmywax; December 8, 2001, 03:21.
                            "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Alternate History lesson

I'm kicking around ideas for a chronology in which the Nazi's achieve total Victory in europe. What're eveyone's opinions?
                              Basic, undetailed, structure:

1. To their eternal shame, England and France back down again after the invasion of Poland, allowing Hitler to seize the country with minimal resistence."
                              2. Afterwards, the german generals begin drawing up plans to occupy both France and ENgland. Meanwhile, the new British Prime Minister Churchill is pressing for war with germany.
                              3. 1940, April: England and France declare war on Germany. In retaliation, German troops seize most of Denmark and Norway.
                              4. 1940 May: Fall gelb, german armies blitz through france, the British navy and airforce struggles to organize itself to support the french by the time the Germans are already at Paris.
                              5. At Dunkrik, the BEF and nearly all of the RAF planes assigned with them are obliterated by air and panzer assault. One transport ship makes it out of Dunkirk with 30 men aboard, no planes return, England is left with hardly any air support, having lent most all of the RAF to the task of facing the germans in the lower countries.
                              6. An armistice is signed with France and the germans are able to concentrate their resources on crossing the channel.
                              7. Sealion. With full support from thekreigsmarine and luftwaffe, german transport ships arrive across the pas of calais, English defenses are taken by surprise and the RN is caught napping. Many ships are seized at the port b the german landing parties.
                              8. Sealion is now a complete success, Churchill and the Royal family are dead, killed by luftwaffe bombing raids, and the British Army lacks the proper equipment to oppose the german military might. One batallion was given the task of guarding about 50 miles of land with an old WWI artillery piece.
                              9. The British have decisively lost the battle of Britian, the government is in shambles, adn the occupation begins. Vichy France, meanwhile, feels greatly relieved at taking the easy way out by signing a piece treaty with the germans instead of opposing them.
                              10. In a campaign known as "island-hopping", Germany follows up the capture of the UK with invasions of iceland, then greenland, neither putting up any significant fight.. Canada is a stones throw away.
                              It is now about March 1941.

...and there we go. Too implausible?
                              The strategically impaired,
                              -Cal

Comment

Is it really plausible for the Germans to wage a trans-atlantic Campaign while trying to topple the motherland?

Comment

Working...
                                X