No announcement yet.

New WWII Scenario in the works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any units that you need, post a list and I'll be happy to help make some. This sounds like it could be a cool scenario. Keep it up CAl! (The scenario idea, not your attack on APEC)
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Case
      That's one hell of a good site. I recomend that you read the entry on New Zealands 'Bob Semple' tank
      (to quote: "it had a crew of 8 men. 8 men? I can understand 5, but 8? 5 were probably soldiers, 1 was a shop steward, another fended off the birds trying to roost, and the last took out the trash once a day and waved to the people.")
      hey, the Kiwi's are beating us in the cricket, so I've got to find some area where I can still mock them
      Grrrrr! Watch your tounge there Casey!
      btw the 8th man also sheared the stray sheep accidentally picked up in transit

And honours fairly evenly shared in the cricket I would say. - Gilly saved your bacon!

On the 'Z' force question, Hitler was supposed to have authorized actual construction of several elements after the first couple of months of Barbarossa, on the assumption that the USSR would have gone under before the winter - diverting valuable resources into his blue water navy before they were needed and away from the front where they soon came to be greatly needed ...

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
        And honours fairly evenly shared in the cricket I would say. - Gilly saved your bacon!
        Yeah, that was a damn fine performance by the Kiwi Cricket team, and will hopefully shock the Aussies out of their complacency before the series against South Africa begins
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I was just wondering if Cal had given any thought to my 'Montana Militia' idea. It doesn't have to be Montana exactly, but can be most western states or a Rocky Mountain Militia. Anyways I made up three variations of militia on horse back, with two different shields. One shield is a Bison on a blue background and the other is a Bison skull on a red and yellow background. The latter is from my tribal seal; it also has feathers, arrows, and a bunch of other stuff. I didn't think that would work for a mostly white militia force.

I was thinking that if you did adopt the idea you should have it be mostly defensive, since we all know of the countless victories the Poles racked up against the Panzer's. If the were to be based mostly in the Mountains, have the Alpine flag to reflect mobility, and a better defense than attack. They would be the perfect guerilla force.
          Attached Files
          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Jimmywax:

The ancient civilization of amateur scen. designers gladly receives your gift. It's a great idea and I will include it.

Next week is finals week for me, so once that passes I'll be able to get a lot more work done over winter break.
            The strategically impaired,
            -Cal

Comment

I will throw my hat in the ring along with Anzac's and Hobbes' in saying that any graphical help you may need just ask. I am very excited to see this scenario come to fruition. I believe that is because I never even thought of it, it is original, and I love alternate history. This is the most excited I have been about a scenario in a long time. Actually I thing it may be the most excited I have ever been about a scenario. (sorry Case)
              "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

couldn't sleep

I couldn't sleep so I decided that the Eskimo militia ought to have an American rifle. I also made a German half track with an 88mm mounted in it. I can not seem to find the name though. Enjoy!
                Attached Files
                "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

In case anyone was wondering

Here is a picture of my tribal seal. I am a fully enrolled member of the Gros' Ventre and Assiniboine tribes of Montana. The reservation is Fort Belknap in northern Montana. It is about sixty miles from the Canadian border.
                  Attached Files
                  "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Sorry Cal, but I am bored and am not happy with the small seal.
                    Attached Files
                    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Jimmy! Who's da man? Who is it? ... that's right... it's you. nice units
                      "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Cal, can you give us a pic of the map, and also the starting point of the German invasion?
                        "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

The map is no where near completion, all I've done is place cities. But here's the upper eastern corner of the USA and Canada, possibly where the invasion will take place? Who knows?
                          Attached Files
                          -Cal

Comment

Here you go Cal. This one here is a gif. What did you use for the jpg that didn't allow it to work, MS Paint?

-FMK.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Funny how the Canadians have log cabins!!
                              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
                                Here you go Cal. This one here is a gif. What did you use for the jpg that didn't allow it to work, MS Paint?

-FMK.
                                No, I just changed it from .bmp to .jpg by renaming the extention.
                                -Cal

Comment

Working...
                                X