1. Red Front by Captain Nemo and Alex Morozov
    2. Second Front by Captain Nemo
    3. The Cruel Sea by Case
    4. Second Reich by Michael Jezenka
    5. Russian Civil War by Alex Morozov
    6. Europe in Flames by Michael Jezenka
    7. River War by Allard HS
    8. Toussaint L'Overture (right name?) by Blacklove
    9. Up the Deadly Boot by John Petroski (He's coming out with Boot II, much improved!)
    10. Yougosavie by François Baire

There you go!
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
      Mr. Oobir,

Your payment is in the mail!
      In American dollars, I hope?
      "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

my top ten

1: Red Front
        2. Second Reich
        3. Hellas
        4. Blitz
        5. The Boer War
        6. Age of Piracy
        7. Spartacus
        8. Colonies III
        9. Second Front
        10. End of the Bronze Age
        "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

1. Crises of the New World Order - How come there aren`t more people that like this scenario? It`s brilliant! The challenge of creating your own perfect society while having to deal with outside influences is one that has never been done in Civ2 before. Plus, you can lead the EU to supreme domination over the globe!

2. Al-Andalus - This is good, honest fun. The map is wonderful, the unit graphics are all excellent, and the setting is great. Pure conquering. Excellent.

3. Mongols 3.1 - A brilliant challenge, perfectly executed. The possibilities are endless! Do you charge straight into China with your horsemen, or build up a substantial army and culture in India or the Middle East?

4. Star Trek Dominion War - I don`t like Star Trek as a rule, but kobayashi does excellent ST scenarios, no two ways about it. Dominion War is, I feel, his finest work to date. The graphics are top notch and the gameplay is well balanced. He has clearly put a lot of work in to making sure the challenge remains until the very end, and has created an excellent scenario in the process.

5. The New Germany - An open-ended, if slightly historically inaccurate WW2 scenario. But who cares? For once, we have a WW2 scenario that allows you to change history, rather than just be an innocent bystander in it.

6. Time of Thunder - A well-designed, fun scenario that doesn`t fuss about with tons of frilly extra events and such. Seeing how well you can do as the Dutch is without a doubt the best way to play this!

7. Liortage - A scenario that creates a fantasy in the vein of LotR, with characters and a powerful threat that can only be defeated by co-operation. Another fun total war scenario.

8. Seize the Crown - Fighting to become the undisputed King of England is a tough challenge, and an interesting one at that. A true re-creation of these troubled times, with good graphics to boot.

9. USA 2010 - An excellent futuristic scenario that provides a fun game and a good challenge. The Hi-Tech modpack has provided scenario designers with graphics and inspiration for years.

10. Justinian the Great - A little known scenario that deals with a period of history often ignored by designers; the beginnings of the Byzantine Empire. Can Justinian rebuild the Roman Empire, or will the Barbarian hordes destroy him? A good challenge.
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

In no particular order...
            • Imperium Romanum
            • 2194DaysofWar
            • 30 Years War
            • Ansteig
            • New Discover ***Unreleased
            • RedFront
            • WWII Expanded *** Unreleased
            • Gettysburg
            • The Blitz ***Unreleased
            • Kyokujitsu ***Unreleased
            • Second Front
            • Stalingrad ***Unreleased
            • The Struggle for Europe
            • 2nd Reich

More than ten...sorry

-FMK.

{edit: added 2 more...}
            Last edited by klesh; October 29, 2001, 10:39.

Comment

Justinian the Great
              dammit!! I forgot aboot this scenario! it rules!
              "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Thanks, Henrik!

I appreciate your votes.

Exile
                Lost in America.
                "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Well, those are good scens
                  Nice to see you back and posting Exile
                  The Age of War pbem is really going well.
                  No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Kobayashi would like to thank Our_man, Cal and Paul Hanson for their votes.

BTW, this is probably the wrong place to ask but was my Star Wars-Insurrection really that terrible? I have given up making scenarios since not many people even wanted to try it.

Any way, here's my top 10 - not in any particular order

1. UnderDark - Mr Temba
                    2. Subwar - Bebro
                    3. Imperium Romanum - Bebro
                    4. Atlantis, the Lost Empire - Shamrock
                    5. Heroes of Beckhorn - Blackclove
                    6. Gangster - Cam Hills
                    7. Ice Realms - W Theodoro
                    8. Prince of Darkness - Techumseh
                    9. Star Trek Kappa Quadrant- Willemvanoranje
                    10. Birth of America- John Valdez

Guess I'm the only odd guy who doesn't play modern War scenarios (even though for some reason I made one???) so if I didn't vote for any of them it doesn't mean they are no good.
                    Last edited by kobayashi; October 29, 2001, 10:05.
                    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

No! Star Wars insurrection... well, to tell you the truth, I got the same feeling of "...where the hell do I begin and what can I do..." I got while playing Dominion, only moreso... It wasn't "bad" as in poorly made, but I just don't know where to begin when playing it.
                      The strategically impaired,
                      -Cal

Comment

In no particular order...

Kull's Seeds of Greatness (my favorite)
                        Capt Nemo's Civil War
                        American Revolutionary War by Microprose
                        World of Jules Verne by Microprose
                        Age of Discovery by ?

Comment

Re: In no particular order...

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
                          • New Discover ***Unreleased
                          • WWII Expanded *** Unreleased
                          Thanks

If anyone is interested:

WW2 Expanded=An expansion of the fun, yet simple ww2 scenario that came with the game that we all know and love

New Discover=Yet another expansion, this one of the Discovery age scenario that comes with the game. This one uses a gigamap and if I may says so has an excelent title.gif

Both of these where created as disctractions (and becouse I liked the original scenarios) while still working on my grand (but extremely time consuming) Renaisance europe-18th century scenario...

There, a little self promotion couldnt hurt
                          Attached Files
                          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

kobayashi,

Your payment too is in the mail.

Mr. Oobir,
                            In American dollars, I hope?
                            Aussie dollars, but one day they'll be worth a Yen each!

I'm surprised to see so many of the old (1998-ish) scenarios popping up!

Steve Clark - Verne - good call!

Comment

I've no idea who made these, so I'll just put the names (in no particular order).

Global Apocalypse
                              Australian Civil War (there's two, but it's the humorous one...)
                              AltWW79
                              a futuristic american civil war one...no idea what it was called, but it rocked..

there was also a really good Yugoslavian one, but I lost all the downloaded scenarios I had in a hard drive reformat, and I've only recently started playing Civ again..

and I think Election 2000 and Battle of Australia could be headed for this list too..
                              Last edited by IceCascades; October 29, 2001, 21:08.

Comment

Kobayashi, I personally thought your SW: Insurrection scenario was probably the best Star Wars scenario I've ever played (not that there's a great deal of competition though). I played it through to the end with both the 2nd Imperium and Rebel Alliance, and found it to be a more enjoyable experience than ST: BAQ (which I didn't particularly like, though a lot of people did) or ZWK (which I thought was OK, the only problem with making WW2 scenarios is the benchmark of excellence that has been set by Nemo). I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd find it hard to believe that your SW scenario didn't find an audience, considering it might make an interesting MP scenario as well...

So don't get too disenheartened by the lack of comments, and don't give up on making scenarios, I for one would like to see more!
                                STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X