• Show
Clear All

• A small shot at something big...

Here's something to think about.
    Attached Files
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Your Iran scenario ?

Your scen is finally ready... Am i right or not?

PLZ tell me "Yes, it's ready !!!"...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Looks great Stefan

How did you create the suburbs, airbases/railroads? I don´t believe it is this irrigation...
      Blah

Comment

*gets all excited over the prospects of another Arab scenario*

Lookin great, Stefan.

BeBro, from what I can tell by the tile variations it looks like he replaces hills or forests with the suburbs. Though it would be more sensible to replace the forests.

Comment

BeBro, from what I can tell by the tile variations it looks like he replaces hills or forests with the suburbs. Though it would be more sensible to replace the forests.

By the looks of those mountains, I'd say he's not sensible.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Look at the way the road connects with the suburbs - I *think* that he's using railroads as the suburbs
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

it looks to me like there is 2 (or perhaps more) diffirent types of suburbs, so it could be that one is irrigation, and one is railroad or farmland
              "The Bible is the greatest sales pitch in history" -Me

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto

Comment

Hm, if that would be hills, roads would appear on them...
                Blah

Comment

Whatever it is, it looks pretty darn cool
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Right now it's the railroads, I might reconsider that though. My recent argument for using them however is that, no matter how good the roads are in the countryside, movement would still be best in a city.
                    The city style used for the city itself may be a bit irritating, it's actually an eastern Iranian one, but I had only this one finished. The suburb graphics are based upon a couple of pics of Kerbela, Baghdad... and my own imagination
                    What I did was simply looking at the terrain file of "Red Front" and just did the very same. There is also a graphic for a single railroad terrain, which I'll post once I get the proper screenshot enviroment.

Your scen is finally ready... Am i right or not?

PLZ tell me "Yes, it's ready !!!"...

You mean Ifriqyia (...Sardinia )? It's not dead, that's for sure. It's not the same scen though.

it looks to me like there is 2 (or perhaps more) diffirent types of suburbs, so it could be that one is irrigation, and
                    one is railroad or farmland

It's not quite that, but you've brought me to a brilliant idea!

Whatever it is, it looks pretty darn cool

Thanks
                    Follow the masses!

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                      Right now it's the railroads, I might reconsider that though. My recent argument for using them however is that, no matter how good the roads are in the countryside, movement would still be best in a city.
                      The city style used for the city itself may be a bit irritating, it's actually an eastern Iranian one, but I had only this one finished. The suburb graphics are based upon a couple of pics of Kerbela, Baghdad... and my own imagination
                      I don't like the whole suburbs idea...
                      Heavy traffic in cities is not just a recent phenomenon; it has happened throughout history. The Romans outlawed wheeled traffic within the city, and up to the present day, average speed on country roads is still faster than inner-city travel. I'd make suburbs a terrain that gives lots of trade and/or production.
                      I refute it thus!
                      "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

I will think about that... thanks
                        Follow the masses!

Comment

Originally posted by Goingonit

i'd make suburbs a terrain that gives lots of trade and/or production.
                          Use Airbases, then... they increase commerce to +1.
                          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Working...
                          X