No announcement yet.

The Battle of Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted some comments over at CivFanatics, but the posts here reminded me of a couple of things I'd meant to say.

The AI stacking was amusing. Taking out 12 Japanese ships with a bomber in Week 3, and the subsequent reinforcements, was good. I wasn't sure that the units were regenerating - but it's nice to know. I'd been throwing everything at that bloody fortress south of Cairns, and hadn't had much luck...now I'm trying to surround the place, and having a little more luck. Maybe if I can take that airbase I can screw up the air cover.

Comment

Excellent mod pack (Who cares about few glitches). I fell in love with Australia last October when my band was on a tour down under, so I was happy to see this scenario and help the Aussies.

I couldn't win this scenario on King level. I restarted on Prince and found a way to contain Japs on the North. Here it is: Use catalinas + B17s to disrupt Jap Naval power; use British battleships forces available on west coast to purge it from Japs and land in Malaysia. After that, use those forces to attack Japs in their "home" bases and north. At the same time you have to keep Japs from pushing south by building Air Defence (city upgrade) and as many anti-aircraft guns as possible (I hate those ressurecting Betty bombers!). Don't waist American and British air units (Lightinings and Spitfires) for attack - they can defend isolated towns while you build proper air defences.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreso

Excellent mod pack (Who cares about few glitches). I fell in love with Australia last October when my band was on a tour down under, so I was happy to see this scenario and help the Aussies.

I couldn't win this scenario on King level. I restarted on Prince and found a way to contain Japs on the North. Here it is: Use catalinas + B17s to disrupt Jap Naval power; use British battleships forces available on west coast to purge it from Japs and land in Malaysia. After that, use those forces to attack Japs in their "home" bases and north. At the same time you have to keep Japs from pushing south by building Air Defence (city upgrade) and as many anti-aircraft guns as possible (I hate those ressurecting Betty bombers!). Don't waist American and British air units (Lightinings and Spitfires) for attack - they can defend isolated towns while you build proper air defences.
        I used a scorched earth tactic on Prince lvl; abandoned everything north of Rockhampton on the NW coast, and used them to pillage roads, then I built a lot of the AA guns, put them in Rockhampton and Perth, and built militia to pillage the roads in the center-north. Managed to contain the Japanese to the unpopulated part of the country.
        I refute it thus!
        "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Update

Here's version 1.1 of this scenario

I've made the following changes:

* Replaced some of the unit graphics
          * Ran a spell check over the events ( )
          * Modified the events so that a total Australian victory is now possible (the Japanese now no longer get an unlimited supply of Japanese Army units)

To install the upgrade, simply unzip the file into the directory where you have the scenario and let it copy over the old BoA files.

Here's the file: (85 Kb)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Case; December 16, 2001, 05:48.
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Looking forward to trying the update! Hopefully I can finally beat the Japs now!
            STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Working...
            X