New Ancient Empires Web Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ancient Empires Web Site

With the demise of free hosting at NBCI, it was clearly time to set up a banner-free, ad-free web site. There's a few updates - including a new poll - so be sure to visit and update your links:

http://cullivan.com/civ/home.html

EDIT: Revised the link. It should work properly now.
    Last edited by Kull; October 1, 2001, 13:08.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Hey Kull, great site!
    Anyway, let's cut to the chase, do you have any tips on how to make a kick arse WW1 scenario?
    "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

The link doesn't work for me. When I click on it, I get "/animate.js" added to the address and I then get a link not found message.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

try this one.

Good job.All the goodies for scenario makers.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Hey Kull, please change the link to my site to http://www.geocities.com/intaphernes/Index.html
          Follow the masses!
          30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Stefan,

i´ve reading your trophy hall, remember that you are also at the scenario designers hall of fame!!!

look who recomended you!
            Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
            Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Great site. And thanks for hosting Millenium 004.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Great site. And thanks for hosting Millenium 004.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Hobbes: WW1 tips? I notice you have an interesting Western Front scenario under development, so I'll post my thoughts in that thread.

Smash: Thanks for posting the "correct" link. I had a redirect in place, and apparently it didn't work for everyone. I'll revise the link in the original post.

Tecumseh: I always felt that "Millenium" was a revolutionary scenario, sadly overlooked by most. It doesn't really fit with the "Ancient Empires" theme, but it's not available anywhere else.

Stefan: I updated your page link....thanks for pointing that out. Speaking of "bad links", there were plenty of others. Let me list them here in hopes that folks can point me toward newer ones.

Alex's War Gallery (Alex Mor)
                  Dracon's Civ (formerly Mr. Temba's Civ)
                  Erwans Historical Units for Civ2
                  Historical Civ2 (Andrew Livings)
                  The North Star (George Polaris Lyle's)
                  Platehead's Civ (Blackclove)

4 of 6 were annihilated by the collapse of NBCI (may they rot in hell), and it would be nice if those sites could be resurrected elsewhere.

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

4 of 6 were annihilated by the collapse of NBCI (may they rot in hell), and it would be nice if those sites could be
                    resurrected elsewhere.

Good thing I switched early enough... strange I got no message from them though, as my old site still persisted.
                    Geocities isn't that much better though... But I don't want to change again.
                    All I know of is that Alex' site exists at another URL, though many people have difficulties accessing it, the North Star has a new link too, ditto for Erwan... I'll try to find these if you want...

i´ve reading your trophy hall, remember that you are also at the scenario designers hall of fame!!!

I thought I had that up also... yeah, I'm endlessly grateful thank you very much for your nomination (it's a bit late I know, but where was the situation...)
                    Follow the masses!
                    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel

All I know of is that Alex' site exists at another URL, though many people have difficulties accessing it, the North Star has a new link too, ditto for Erwan... I'll try to find these if you want...
                      Thanks Stefan. If you can find them, that would be great. I looked around and even Polaris' locally hosted AOW site is dead(aow.apolyton.net), so I'd be surprised if the North Star turns up.

Comment

Quite excellent, Kull.

Any chance of a multi-player events file for seeds of greatness, that we once discussed?

Still would love to have that as a MP option, as it is STILL my favorite scenario of all time.
                        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

It's good to see this site resurrected from the demise of NBCI.
                          "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                          --

Comment

Thanks for the gracious remarks wrt the tech tree describe file, Kull.

My next civ project, as time allows, will probably be a website with links to pages containing historical scenarios (ie a historical scenario meta-page). That has the advantages of being something that can survive the civ2/civ3 transition, and maybe teach me something about web-hosting as well (a more immediately useful skill than knowledge of ancient technology )

LOTM
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                            X