A Scenario about the civil war in Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Scenario about the civil war in Afghanistan

The TV-Reports about Afghanistan and the civil war in Afghanistan made me thinking about a scenario about the civil war. But the problem is, I would need help in creating some cool-looking units and perhaps in ideas for events.

If somebody likes to help me with this, please post here!

Thanx a lot, people
    Alles ist möglich! Nichts wird uns aufhalten!
    Solidarität mit Island!

Join the Þ ß ð ä ö ü õ - Front!

Hmm, really nobody here to help me with this?
    Alles ist möglich! Nichts wird uns aufhalten!
    Solidarität mit Island!

Join the Þ ß ð ä ö ü õ - Front!

Comment

It does not seem to be a timely idea. Sorry man

Comment

You can probably find plenty of unit graphics from various existing scenarios and from the graphics showcase thread. The units can be off-the-shelf, so to speak.

As for events, I dunno. You can find a nice account of the Afghani Civil War here though...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Bee
          It does not seem to be a timely idea. Sorry man
          I disagree. That scenario could not be timelier. When would there possibly more interest in it than now? I would play it. Good idea.
          Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

IMaybe, getting to know both sides in a way can help you to get more objective. Here are two newspapers I frequently check out:

Pakistan’s most trusted outlet for the breaking, latest and top news across the country and the world.

--> Karachi daily, IMHO one of the best newspapers in the world. Not at all biased, has reports from both political sides.

--> Tehran daily. Rather pro-islamic, pro-iranian. Not very good for objective reports.

However, I rather go with Jesús. Making a scenario about something that is so close at hand as the Afghan Civil War is dangerous. I already had problems with seeing a Kosovo War scenario just after the strikes begun.
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Your seven civs would probably be:

Northern Alliance
              Pakistanis
              Taliban
              Mujahideen
              USA
              Uzbeks
              Iranians

FYI, Taliban translates to Students and Mujahideen translates roughly to Freedom Fighters.

The Mujahideen operate as guerillas in southern Afghanistan and across Pakistan.

The Taliban's capitol would be at Kandahar.
              Northern Alliances would be in the Baroghill region, probably in Balkh or around there.

I;d give more info, but it's late and i'm tired. I do hope to see this scenario come to fruition though.

Comment

Working...
              X