Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

script to kill particular unit in events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script to kill particular unit in events?

What contex is required to retire a unit type and then create gold in the civ2 events file.

ie I want to retire a older unit in a multi events scenario and then give the player some gold for his trouble (scrap metal) before i use the slot for a newer unit that I don't 'upgraded' automatically when loading a new events file.

Answer apreciated.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that that's possible

I think all you can do is have a recived technology event which give the player a 'lump sum' when they get the tech.
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

One work around to this limitation that I've played with is to home the doomed units to an isolated undefended city. An event then can trigger the creation of an enemy unit that conquers the city, eliminating its units. This workaround has a lot of weaknesses (e.g. re-homing), but it does get the job done, crudely.

(Edit)
      Oops! Read the subject but not the message. If by 'retiring' you mean eliminating the older unit, then this advice is suitable. Otherwise....
      Last edited by Boco; September 10, 2001, 23:45.
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

The only way to do this is to use unit triggers.

You have to seperate a part of the map as a control panel and when you wish to, you can use a 'control unit' to kill a defenseless 'AI trigger unit' with no movement. That will give you the gold but also give you a tech which makes a certain unit type obsolete.
        This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

What about justing killing a unit type

and not worry about the gold ie
          ie
          if turn = 20
          then kill unit type"lighttank"

I know you can use createunit commands in the events but to uncreate/kill??

Comment

Re: What about justing killing a unit type

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Colwyn
            and not worry about the gold ie
            ie
            if turn = 20
            then kill unit type"lighttank"

I know you can use createunit commands in the events but to uncreate/kill?? [/QOTE]

Doesn't work. You can kill all units on a particular square by using changeterrain, but that's all.
            I refute it thus!
            "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstood your meaning of "retire a unit type". To me that sounds like make it obsolete. If you meant kill every unit of a certain type instantaneously, that's impossible in a single stage scenario.

If you can make a multiple stage scenario, you can alter the rules.txt for stage two and change the units you want killed to aircraft with zero moves. Then they will all die.
              This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Thanks for confirming this with me

Hope Civ 3 will allow this!

Comment

Working...
                X