Help needed - Civil disorder graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - Civil disorder graphic

Does anybody know of a good web source for 19th-century engravings?

I need something to replace the civil disorder graphic in tiles.dll for my upcoming "Road to Empire" scenario - the Bastille looks a bit too European for my purposes.

The image I need would have to have the following properties:
    • It must show an angry populace
    • Violent intent
    • But not contain any indications of a specific culture or geographical region
    • Preferably, it should be in a 19th century newspaper style (hence the engraving)

An ideal example would be a mass of hands stretched in the air, holding torches or even pitchforks.

Short of anything better, I guess a few burning buildings would also do the trick (along with the latter two conditions).

Any hints would be gratefully appreciated.
    Last edited by Spanky; August 30, 2001, 08:01.

there was a picture about some Vandean rioters and bandits - but I can't remeber the name...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Try something luddite-related...

The luddites were rioters who believed technology (i.e. cotton gin) was responsible for their woes, so they went around England smashing machinery.

If you can find an engraving of them, that might work. I looked, but couldn't find anything.
      I refute it thus!
      "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

try looking for pictures of some of the revolutions of the mid 1800's or the Indian Mutiny of the same time.
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
        X