2.42?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.42?

Although I have been been quietly working on scenarios for myself for some time now, this is my first post to this board. I worked for months on a 14th Century Europe scenario that I never felt was good enough to send any where. Having gotten frustrated with that one, I noticed that all of the invasion of Roman Britian (Arthurian) scenarios I have seen have not impressed me. (I'm sure I haven't seen 'em all) I now have a beta version of my own. It has new/borowed units, cities, terrain, tech tree, wonders, etc. Carefully researched, it is as accurate as possible. -BUT- it is for 2.42. As I am finishing up the play testing, is any one interested in this? If anyone is, I want to post it before Civ 3 is out.

I will be willing to try it. My_member_is_shown@yahoo.com
    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

I remember the days of 2.42, I actually have a few old scenarios myself.

send it over! thekiwiguy@hotmail.com
      "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Give me week to finish it up and its yours. Yeah, I got your adresses. Look for it next week. I am pretty proud of it.

Comment

me me me me me me me me me me

Grothgar_1999@yahoo.com

did i sound too desperate???
          Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

I wanna try it too!

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

david_schowalter@hotmail.com

i love playing new scenarios!

Comment

Impressed

Originally posted by Jacobite1688
              Although I have been been quietly working on scenarios for myself for some time now, this is my first post to this board. I worked for months on a 14th Century Europe scenario that I never felt was good enough to send any where. Having gotten frustrated with that one, I noticed that all of the invasion of Roman Britian (Arthurian) scenarios I have seen have not impressed me. (I'm sure I haven't seen 'em all) I now have a beta version of my own. It has new/borowed units, cities, terrain, tech tree, wonders, etc. Carefully researched, it is as accurate as possible. -BUT- it is for 2.42. As I am finishing up the play testing, is any one interested in this? If anyone is, I want to post it before Civ 3 is out.
              Interesting, I did not know there were lots of 'Arthurian' scenarios out there...
              The Revised FW version I am working on right now should be a vast improvement from its 242 version currently on show at the Apolyton front page.
              Post a screenshot of it here, it would be a good thing to see it.
              (Note that Britannia was not invaded in one moment, rather their were Saxon contingents based around the south and eastern coasts of the island since the 3rd centuryAD. The Angles eventually moved completly to Britannia and the Jutes and Friesians invaded the south coasts around the mid 5th centuryAD. Britannia was no longer under the jurisdiction of Milan-Ravenna by 410AD)

Did you see the new units Zip in the Age of Arturius thread?

Don't worry about the oncoming Civ3, TOT and Call to Power came out and that did not submerge CivII due to the user friendlyness of it and its ability to create excellent scenarios that will still be played for fun even when a Civ4 comes out!
              MRP

Comment

Oooo, the battle of the Arthurian scenarios! Masis vs. Jacobite!
                "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

Comment

Don't worry, I'll have a full bibliography with the final product. Masis, I didn't realize you were working on Arthur as well. I'm new here and never saw your thread. Mine is strict 2.42 - no events, nothing. So, I don't really see it as any threat to yours. However, I have a few more ideas I want to try to add, so it will be a few more days before its done. Here is a shot to raise some excitement: As this is my first "full" scenario, tell me what y'all think! - In this image Saxons and Angles move in towards Mount Badon, (the cursor is on it) while Christian horsemen prepare for a last stand!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jacobite1688; August 28, 2001, 03:22.

Comment

Nice shot! This looks kick arse, Jaco!
                    But just one thing: is that desert in Britain?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbes
                      ...just one thing: is that desert in Britain?!
                      Naw, clear land, ya'know; "plains". You are right though, it looks better full-screen, during game play, then it does on this GIF shot.

Comment

Oh, okay, cool. Yeah, gifs never do screenshots justice... damn lousy gifs....

Comment

Hey I thought I needed FW to get scenarios? Can you send me some and tell me how to install them?

Comment

Please send it to me too. Sounds great.

jbaskin@uts.oise.utoronto.ca
                            I refute it thus!
                            "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Hey I thought I needed FW to get scenarios?

You need it for FW scenarios. 2.42 handles 2.42 and CiC (minus events and splash screen) scenarios quite well.
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X