Playtesters Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playtesters Wanted

'The Battle of Australia' is now ready for playtesting. As I said on the 'secret project' post, it covers a Japanese invasion of Australia, with the player playing as the Australians, who incorperate some American and British units (I'm hoping to create something like 'Red Front' down-under )

If you're interested in playtesting this scenario please leave your email adress below, or email me at: nick_dowling@hotmail.com

Here's an in game shot of the Japanese attacking Brisbane:
    Attached Files
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

And here's a shot of the Japanese attack on Sydney
    (at the bottom left a Betty has just finished bombing my home town )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Case; August 12, 2001, 06:00.
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Me! ME!!

WWII scenarios are my favorite!

My e-mail is CalvinAdam@aol.com
      The strategically impaired,
      -Cal

Comment

Everything Cal said but more

Grothgar_1999@yahoo.com
        Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

send it on Case!
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

I'd like to give it a try Case!

our_man@space.com
            STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

You bastard ...

What the hell , send it to me. I mean it is not like I need to sleep this week.
              "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

WMCS44@aol.com

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm currently writing the civlopedia entries before sending the scenario out tommorow

Comment

OK, I just sent the scenario out.
                    Here's a picture demonstrating that a passive defence dosn't work
                    Attached Files

Comment

What about me?

Originally posted by Case
                      OK, I just sent the scenario out.
                      I sent you my email address in an email to you. does this mean you don't more playtesters?

Comment

What about me??

stupid slow forums. double post

Comment

Well this is a toughie isnt it. Japanese army units being made at places that get nearer the further they get when your militia units are destroyed. annoying to the extreme. However i did manage to keep them out of brisbane on emporer level mainly with a huge counter attack after letting brisbane getting bombed to within an inch of its life. About 25 sentinels and churcils were used as well as all my remaining AIF and planes and i managed to get them out of australia all together. it is tough but it is possible case with a little bit of tactics.
                          And then i decided to play as the japanese. Woah is that easy lol. i conquered the entire of australia in 12 turns.
                          mainly by using the kill militia to get japs idea it is easy to advance. but i was up until 4 in the morning playing it god damn so ill give you a full report soon when i get some damn sleep
                          Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

I Just finished trying it on Deity, and the results weren't pretty... The Japs mopped the floor with me. By turn 30 my outlook was hopeless. I'll try it again on King level, hopefully I'll have better luck!

From what I've played however, I think the Japanese airforce is much too strong. I must have destroyed almost 50 bombers yet they still kept coming. Once you lose your Lightning's and Spitfire's, the situation is pretty hopeless. Wirraway's and Batteries are no match for the Japanese bombers.

The Japanese were attacking me with Beaufighters too! From the readme, the impression I got was this was meant to be an Autralian only unit.
                            STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Since everyone else seems to be posting graphics, here are some I've created for future versions of 'The Battle of Australia' (I'm still experimenting with their stats)

From left to right they are: Matilda II CS (a Matilda II armed with a 3 inch howitzer), AC3 (an AC1 armed with a 25 pounder), and AC4 Thunderbolt (an upgraded AC1 armed with a 17 pounder [which inspired the British to design the Sherman Firefly])
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Case; August 20, 2001, 03:45.

Comment

Working...
                              X