I have a secret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tallincourt
    That thing in Mars. John Carter, the warlord of Mars or something...
    The Barsoom novels, by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Sounds like a decent guess to me.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Is it a Power Puff Girls scenario?

Comment

The voyage to the centre of the earth?
        Jules Verne revisited, updated.

Or the voyage to the moon? A space scenario? That first pic could either be a sub or that spaceship (I didn't read the book unfortunately), and since "Mars" is a planet...

It looks very much like Verne anyway.
        Follow the masses!
        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

That's right, Tallincourt has it. It's Barsoom, based on the John Carter of Mars novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs. It has the romantic vision of the early sci-fi concept of Mars: ancient civilizations fighting over the resources of a dying planet.

Here's the title page. Congratulations, Tallincourt. Good guess, William, but you're disqualified.
          Attached Files
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Cool! A scenario with lots of naked people!

Techumseh: Post a screenshot.

Comment

*nods in agreement with Keenan*

Comment

OK, but it's a bit premature, I have lots of work to do. As for the "nudity", it is true that characters on Barsoom wore few clothes. However, my scenario will be tasteful and artistic. Besides, most people play them for the articles.

Here John Carter, Warlord of Mars, and Dejah Thoris, Princess of Helium, defend themselves against barbarian Tharks (green martians) riding thoats and flying malagors.
                Attached Files

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                  my scenario will be tasteful and artistic
                  You know, you could get a much wider audience it if isn't
                  (case in point: the Alicia Silverstone map on civfanatics)

edit: What a fitting way to reach prince level
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Techumseh,
                    So what exactly is the vehicle in the first picture? And what was the detail that was supposed to lead us to the right answer?
                    "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                    --

Comment

A martian ariel battleship. In the Barsoom novels, all major powers have fleets of airborne battleships, cruisers and personal flyers. In the drawing there are two moons; therefore Mars.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                        In the drawing there are two moons; therefore Mars.
                        Well, that threw me off. Here was I thinking Phobos and Deimos to be a couple of misshapen blobs. Useless Astronomy classes...

Seriuosly though, I can't wait. Love this genre!

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
                          Seriuosly though, I can't wait. Love this genre!
                          Exactly what genre do books about sword wielding nudists on Mars fit into?
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Case

Exactly what genre do books about sword wielding nudists on Mars fit into?
                            Fantasy.
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Those circles were moons?! I too was under the impression that Mars moons were potato shaped. Those Martians must have remodeled them for aesthetic reasons.
                              "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
                              --

Comment

You don't like those moons of Mars? Try these!
                                Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                                X