No announcement yet.

Something coming up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in a place explained here. That's why i was sorry for the map.
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Ooof, that's tough...or at least it looks like that from what I can judge
      Follow the masses!
      30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Yeah... BTW have you gave a look to my thread? Your Shah unit is still on ( remember your Shah Ismail unit from Shaibani scen? Just follow SH logo... ).
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Interesting...

This is a Persian version of Alexander III of Macedon, otherwise known as Alexander the Accursed. Quite different from the mighty mosaic of him in Pompeii chasing a cowardly Darius (Daryavush) III...

The map is nice and big, but so is lake Van! Make it smaller...

Are you going to include the Ahura Mazda (supreme god of the old Persian religion)?
          MRP

Comment

This is a Persian version of Alexander III of Macedon, otherwise known as Alexander the Accursed. Quite different from
            the mighty mosaic of him in Pompeii chasing a cowardly Darius (Daryavush) III...

Actually it's Darayavaush (pronounced Daraayava'ush), in Persian mythology he is called justly Dara. I chose a different depiction of Iskandar because that one on the mosaic with no helmet, and light and colorful armoring was just too heroic.
            Well, there actually isn't much around lake Van. as a matter of fact in the northern part between Ankyra and Media there is nothing but a road and some fortresses to force the player to go down into Syria, so that doesen't matter at all.
            I don't know how you expect I should include Ohrmazd?
            Follow the masses!

Comment

Ooops!

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
              This is a Persian version of Alexander III of Macedon, otherwise known as Alexander the Accursed. Quite different from
              the mighty mosaic of him in Pompeii chasing a cowardly Darius (Daryavush) III...

Actually it's Darayavaush (pronounced Daraayava'ush), in Persian mythology he is called justly Dara. I chose a different depiction of Iskandar because that one on the mosaic with no helmet, and light and colorful armoring was just too heroic.
              Well, there actually isn't much around lake Van. as a matter of fact in the northern part between Ankyra and Media there is nothing but a road and some fortresses to force the player to go down into Syria, so that doesen't matter at all.
              I don't know how you expect I should include Ohrmazd?
              Oh dear I missed the A's!
              Well, if you think its alright having inaccuracies like that carry on regardless, lake Van should be 3 times less than as shown on your map, never mind lake Urmia and Sevan.
              In reality there was 'quite a bit' around lake Van in particular there was a kingdom called Armenia...but knowing your ignorance* of Armenian history and culture judging by your 'orignal' pun of my Armenian name, it is understandable why such an error occurs.
              The Ahuramazda cursor (mouse pointer that also shows terrain being used by another city) I made for the Artaxerxes scenario which I sent to you, did you get it/like it???

*By the way, the quote at the bottom of your posts 'Follow the Masses' is that a pun on my real name? (In case you did not know, Masis is an ancient Egyptian name meaning Born Of... like Ra-Mases. In my case it is named after Mount Masis in Western Armenia, an extinct Volcanoe that was born out of the Earth instantly in ancient times.)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Masis; August 5, 2001, 13:20.
              MRP

Comment

Well, Alexander never passed that territory, so it would be inaccurate to place cities there. After all, I'm just focussing on Alexander's campaign.
                I will use that icon, but I hope it's OK if I re-colourize that a bit... ?

By the way, the quote at the bottom of your posts 'Follow the Masses' is that a pun on my real name? (In case you did
                not know, Masis is an ancient Egyptian name meaning Born Of... like Ra-Mases. In my case it is named after Mount
                Masis in Western Armenia, an extinct Volcanoe that was born out of the Earth instantly in ancient times.)

Yes of course!
                Though I hope you feel not offended by my claim to the title Shahan Shah... but if you want to challenge me, go ahead
                Follow the masses!

Comment

We Bow To You...

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                  Well, Alexander never passed that territory, so it would be inaccurate to place cities there. After all, I'm just focussing on Alexander's campaign.
                  I will use that icon, but I hope it's OK if I re-colourize that a bit... ?

By the way, the quote at the bottom of your posts 'Follow the Masses' is that a pun on my real name? (In case you did
                  not know, Masis is an ancient Egyptian name meaning Born Of... like Ra-Mases. In my case it is named after Mount
                  Masis in Western Armenia, an extinct Volcanoe that was born out of the Earth instantly in ancient times.)

Yes of course!
                  Though I hope you feel not offended by my claim to the title Shahan Shah... but if you want to challenge me, go ahead
                  Ah so you recieved the icon then...
                  Amazing that for such a Perso-Phile as yourself the idea of using such a feature never occured...

Yes, Alexander would have been hard pressed to conquer Armenia with the Persian hordes at his back...

So your taking the p*ss out of my name being ignorant of its meaning and cultural origin. ..Sad... I would like to now treat your name to ridicule but it is Hardtotel what can be punned with it for its vagueness...

Go ahead, be the successor to Yazdigerd III.
                  I must admit, I too went through a 'Persian phase' when I was 18, printing out any info I could get on the Net about Persian history, but later realised how much Rome did for us compared to Persia, especially from an Armenian point of view, the Sassanid Persians were Scum to us whilst the Romans were Cream...
                  Last edited by Masis; August 5, 2001, 13:09.
                  MRP

Comment

Working...
                  X