No announcement yet.

Request for a New Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berzerker, sorry if this is sticking my nose in your area, but the following link has a pretty good synopsis of the battle and OOB -- http://www.geocities.com/darrenmilford/dogger.htm.

In short the British had 5 BC's vs 3 BC's and a CA for the Germans. There were also supporting CL's and DD's for both sides. The CA, Blucher, was the weak link for the Germans: too slow and undergunned for a battlecruiser engagement. It was sunk.

Damage control was a major factor. A single hit on a gun turret on the Seydlitz ignited cordite which devastated two entire turrets. The battle was also influenced by a variety of factors including poor visibility at the onset of the action, a false periscope sighting that hindered British pursuit, compounded by damage to the British flagship that prevented the commander from effectively coordinating the pursuit of the Germans.

I have a book with a table of the ships' armament and speed. If you need it, I'll try to scan it and send it to both of you.
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Boco, feel free to stick your nose in You obviously have extensive knowledge of the battle/ship characteristics.

JMarks, unless Boco wants to add his knowledge, it'll take me a bit to compile stats on the ships. But I'm working on it...

Comment

Ok, I started a new thread with an appropriate title
        Last edited by Berzerker; June 12, 2001, 05:10.

Comment

Working...
        X