Best Civ 2 to learn scenario making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Civ 2 to learn scenario making

I have always been interested in making a scenario for Civ 2, but never had the time.
    I now have a job that lets me have enough freedom to play around and try to come up with something for Civ 2.
    My question is what is the best of the Civ 2's to get into scenario building? I have the original, and the two add ons right now.
    I do not have TOT or the Gold version.
    Would it be better just to work with the originals and the FW addon or should I get TOT, Gold or both? Basically what is the best one to use, esp for a newbie to scenario building.

FW would have the largest audience since MGE users can play FW scenarios easily. What you give up is the ability to do a Mega Map scenario and you have to live with a smaller events file (but large enough to handle most scenarios).

TOT scenario making is very difficult and avoided by most but the experts. Also, TOT is not directly compatible with mainstream Civ2.
    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

I appreciate the in sight.
      Just realised I had the Gold version too.
      Probably will just use that.
      Any other hints or things I should look out for while I plan?
      I have a pretty think book on how to make scenarios written for FW, but I imagine most of the points are still valid, IE tech tree, unit details, etc.
      Any other help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X