Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivI mod for CivII

Please note John Valdez has sent us the following;

"This is a new modpack...it takes the player into the world of the original civ that captured everyone in the first place. There are two files, Civ1.zip. and Civ1-dll.zip."

Please feel free to download, write a review, or get in touch with John at jvaldeztoo@yahoo.com .

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited December 23, 2000).]

Somewhere on the Internet (and on the hard drive of my other computer), there is a faithful recreation of the CivI World Map.

------------------
    St. Leo
    http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
    http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Cool!

I wanted to do this but was too lazy to take all the screen shots.

Now, if you want real nostalgia, somebody should convert some of Ambra's old scenarios...

Comment

If anyone wants to try out the Civ1 mod users of FW/civ2gold can play the scenario I've included to get them started. I welcome any comments or suggestions.

Thanks,

John Valdez
        Modpacks/Scenarios/Review

Comment

I would have preferred CivI rules with modern graphics.

------------------
          St. Leo
          http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
          http://www.sidgames.com/forums/

Comment

Actually St.Leo, it's already been done with modern graphics. I felt the same way...but I decided to go for the "old" civ feeling...hehe...it seems to have worked out pretty good..I've gotten more responses on this modpack than any other I've created.

I also wanted to thank you for your help with the graphics and getting me going on the Transport Tycoon scenario...it's still in progess but I'm plugging along on it...I've got a lot of rough graphics at the moment and I am trying to get the sounds together...but I should have it ready by this summer.

Happy Easter to everyone!

John

Comment

Crossing the lines, JV?

------------------
              All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

quote:

Crossing the lines, JV?

check his profile, he has just posted twice in apolyton
                Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Hey Guys!

Ya, well like Shaka said...this makes three times posting...and as long as I keep this link fresh I am bound to get different views and comments on the modpack. It's good to get all kinds of opinions about any work I do so I can make improvements later on...

so, what are you doing here...hehe

:-\

John

Comment

Zulu_Elephant did the old Civ1 with modern units.
                    Administrator at
                    www.quantum9.com
                    Visit the forums!
                    www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatch/

GRFCodec decodes the TTDlx graphics into *.PCX files.

------------------
                      Leons Petrazickis (St. Leo)
                      http://aventine.cf-developer.net/minizigg/
                      petrazi@sprint.ca

Comment

Hey, I downloaded this and played it for a bit. I love the civ1 graphics, but the map...

on this site, there's a modpack called "Sid Meier's Civilization", and I used to have it before my hard drive bit it. it didn't use the civ1 graphics, but it faithfully reproduced the civ1 earth map. if you turn your head after revealing some more of the map, it starts to look REALLY familiar...

I think what I will do is download that one again, and use his map with this modpack.

on another note, I am disappointed by the effect of the pyramids. is there any way to sset it to its usual civ1 effect, maybe by renaming the SOL?
                        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

ok, the civ1 modpack previously used, with the faithful civ1 map is at:
                          http://www.apolyton.net/cgi-bin/civ2...iew.cgi?ID=254

I do love the little guys up in the citizens, instead of faces, and the old luxuries and shields and etc. graphics.
                          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Right. ZULU ELEPHANT (AKA John Miles...) did it.
                            Administrator at
                            www.quantum9.com
                            Visit the forums!
                            www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

JV, What's this about a transport tycoon scenario? Are you somehow cross-pollinating transport tycoon with Civ2 or what?
                              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
                              X