No announcement yet.

Age of Alexius-Playtest Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated version of Age of Heraklius (new name) can be downloaded from European Civilization II Site
    It contains Events!
    MRP

Comment

Age of Arthur-UPDATED

The Age of Arthur version2 with new graphics and text corrections, available from European Civilization II Site
      An updated 'The Age of Justinian' is to follow forthwith...WITH WORKING EVENTS!
      MRP

Comment

Age of Alexius version2!

Yes, I have just sent to the European Civilization II site an updated version of Age of Alexius containing- a anme for the Fatimid Caliph, pedia information, unit updates, readme expansion and most importantly-WORKING EVENTS!
        MRP

Comment

Age of Alexius version2 WITH EVENTS!

Yes, I have just sent to the European Civilization II site an updated version of Age of Alexius containing- a anme for the Fatimid Caliph, pedia information, unit updates, readme expansion and most importantly-WORKING EVENTS!
          MRP

Comment

Age of Justinian-released to the European Civ Site

Yes, an updated Age of Justinian scenario has been released to the European Civilization II Site
            It contains a major Events file, new pedia, rules, game text, sounds and new graphics.
            Now to get to work with the Age of Chaos scenario about the fall of the western Roman empire...
            MRP

Comment

Masis, please check your PM´s.
              Blah

Comment

Thanks for the reminder!

Checked the PM's days ago, and I have credited your excellent artwork BeBro.
                So what did you make of the extra cities I created for the Turkoman/Seljuks and the added geography in Cross and Crescent?
                MRP

Comment

Sorry, I´ve lost them. I had a win problem some weeks ago, lost many mails and adresses. But I currently also can´t make a new version of C&C, simply not enough time. I also would rather make a new medieval scenario instead (if I ever can finish my current project ). If you like to make something like a remake or so, no problem...
                  Blah

Comment

Enhancements

Now the Age of Alexius contains more enhancements. Especially where the Rules txt is concerned there have been corrections/ammendments. BeBro-how did you make the batch file for loading new events? Just that this may be needed for AoA, the single events file has a size limit-which is a hindrance.
                    MRP

Comment

Trumpets Herald...

...The Age of Basil*
                      A new Scenario coming soon!
                      *About the reign of Nikephoros Phokas, Ionnes Tzimiskes and Basil II and the last reconquests of the Roman Empire.
                      MRP

Comment

I learned it from other scn makers, esp. the batch files of Captain Nemo were a good help. Are you familiar with MS DOS batch files?
                        Simply create a simple textfile with Notepad, like this...

------------
                        @echo off
                        cls
                        echo.
                        echo EVENTSCHANGE (you can add a more specific text here)
                        echo.

:main
                        echo.
                        echo 1. EVENTSCHANGE 1
                        echo 2. EVENTSCHANGE 2
                        echo 3. EVENTSCHANGE 3
                        echo.
                        echo 4. Quit
                        echo.
                        echo.
                        CHOICE /c:1234 Please choose an option

if errorlevel 4 goto done
                        if errorlevel 3 goto Opt3
                        if errorlevel 2 goto Opt2
                        if errorlevel 1 goto Opt1

:Opt1
                        echo.
                        copy events1.txt events.txt
                        goto main

:Opt2
                        echo.
                        copy events2.txt events.txt
                        goto main

:Opt3
                        echo.
                        copy events3.txt events.txt
                        goto main

:done
                        echo.
                        exit
                        quit
                        -------------

Save this file as Eventsswap.bat or so (don´t forget the ending .bat ). Then the player has to run this batch file when he should change the events (give him a text message during the game when he should do it).
                        If he chooses 1, 2 or 3 the batch file copies one of your events files (you need three files in this example) to the file events.txt, which is used by the scn.
                        Be in mind that there is another problem: you have to instruct the player that he should drag the last savegame of the "Delevent.exe" (do you have this file?), which you should include with the scenario. If the player don´t uses "Delevent.exe", the savegame will use the old events even after a change, because they are embedded in the savegame (delevent removes them, then the new events are used)
                        Blah

Comment

Many Thanks

Excellent! Now to make more Events!
                          By the way BeBro, have you got the latest version of AoA?
                          It is being edited all the time, so when I figure it to be immaculate, I'll send it to you to try out, if you have the time that is.
                          MRP

Comment

To be or not to be?

That is the question...

I shall try and squeeze in a few historical notifications such as the' crowning of Stephan Arpad as King of Hungaria' the 'ascensions of the Otto's' and the 'depositions of the Popes' into the Events file. If this proves to be too much for the scenario to handle then it will be divided up into a 3 part Events scenario. Do you think these Events are relevent to a scenario about Basil II? If so then I will go by your valuable opinion. If not then I will also go by your valuable opinion...
                            MRP

Comment

Age of Basilius version1 finished

The Age of Basilius scenario V1 is finished, to sent of to The European Civilization II site, the Spanish Civilization II site and Das Civilization Universum web sites.
                              Let's see if they accept it!
                              If not e-mail me and I can send it to you for evaluation.

Is it to be a Multi-Events scenario?
                              Not in this version.

I have made a 'King of Hungaria' event and 'Otto ascension' events but as for the deposition of the Popes that is something to appear in a second version.
                              MRP

Comment

A Screenshot

How great-now we can attach a file!

Here is a screenshot from Age of Alexius...in this case I have re-written history by reconquering most of Anatolia (the Franks have occupied Lakania, Ankyra and Sevakena) and northen Syria for the Roman Empire. Manzikert is proving tricky to recapture...I wonder why that can be?
                                Attached Files
                                MRP

Comment

Working...
                                X