Changing the leaders' portraits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the leaders' portraits

I want to change the leaders portraits in the mk.dll file, so if someone's done this before successfully I'd really like them to tell me how.

I have the gifx program (a good start), but the actual process is unclear. I did a search for previous posts on this, and I know that Mercator made a guide on it, but I can't get it.

I've found that the pallettes are different for each image file, and that they're different sizes (same dimensions, different file sizes). But what I'm unsure of is what I have to bear in mind.

1. Do the pallettes have to stay the same?
    2. Is it a problem with the image within the border that needs to be exactly the same size, or is a problem with the file size of the image I'm trying to put in? If so, how can I reduce it?
    Honour your enemies: shower them with Photon torpedos.

Go to apolyton download section... you'll find a lot of utilities here, Gif Extractor included.
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

I have made it for my new version of 30 years war (VERY SOON IN YOUR HOME!!!!! )
      I have used the utility that you can download from Apolyton, I think that it is called Gif extractor or something like this. You can save the gif file and fix on it the image of the king that you want.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Silverwing on 03-06-2001 02:30 PM
        2. Is it a problem with the image within the border that needs to be exactly the same size, or is a problem with the file size of the image I'm trying to put in? If so, how can I reduce it?

The new image cannot be larger in bytes than the old image. You have to consider the fact the images are compressed(i.e. gif) format. The dimensions only partially determine the size in bytes. The other factor would be the complexity of the image. The more complex the less well it will compress.

------------------
        "There is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp."
        "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
        --

Comment

My guide is available here: http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~jvermeir/civ2/guides.htm
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
          X