Indochina War preview movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indochina War preview movie

The intro movie for the upcoming scenario "The Indochina War" has been released. You'll need Realplayer (latest version) to view it. Many thanks to Kull for his help in post production. This movie will be in avi. format and will play when a scenario or saved game is loaded. The scenario will be in Test of Time format.

http://members.nbci.com/techumseh/Indochina/war-dsl.rm
    [This message has been edited by techumseh (edited February 13, 2001).]
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

I must say I'm surprised no one's commented. Doesn't it run with your current Realplayer software? Or is a ToT scenario simply of no interest?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Well, it's a very nice movie, and the only reason I haven't commented is that I know nothing about the scenario. I'm not even sure what you're referring to. WWII in the Pacific? Vietnam? Something that hasn't happened yet?

But let me re-emphasize that it's a very nice movie.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the Vietnam War from that movie...
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I thought it was a really cool way to hype a forthcoming scenario release. Awesome footage!
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

GS, it's the war in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia from the U.S. intervention in March 1965 to the liberation of Saigon in May 1975. Hence the name "Indochina War." It'll be in 4 or 5 parts, each with it's own events. I'm experimenting with hotseat games: the first 2 parts (Rolling Thunder and Tet Offensive) you play as the US only, the 3rd (Nixon's War) as both the US and South Vietnam and the final part (Giap's Victory)as SVN only.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I just get an error saying this is not Realplayer format.

Comment

Very nice, techumseh.
                Please Visit:
                http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Well thanks guys. Miner, you probably need to upgrade your Realplayer. Try this address: http://www.realplayer.com
                  [This message has been edited by techumseh (edited February 15, 2001).]

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Yeah baby!

Comment

Yeah! Latest version of RealPlayer and it works fine. Nice one!

Comment

Looks good techumseh!

I've been dying for someone to make a good Nam scenario for a while now. Be sure to include the Khemer Rogue in the game as well.

And how do you make your own RealPlayer movies?

Comment

i've had my sound system turned to the radio tuner when i loaded the video so the first i didnt hear the song you have, but a piece of classical music
                          i then realized it and switched to the real thing. the classic piece matched the video better for some reason

Comment

Thanks. WarVoid, Kull converted it to RealPlayer format for me. It cuts the memory to about 10% of that required for AVI format. I started by downloading video footage in MPEG format from the Earthstation site and converted it to AVI format, which is what Test of Time uses. I used VideoWave III to add the titles and soundtrack, and to remove every other frame, reducing the size from 12 MB to 6 MB. The quality of the AVI version included in the scenario is somewhat better than the Realplayer version I've posted.

Sorry Mark, a Vietnam War scenario just has to have '60's music! I'm planning do this one in 4 parts, and hope to make an intro movie for each one. (Famous last words!) Right now I'm thinking of Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Blue Cheer, and Manfred Mann. I'll entertain any other suggestions. No classical, though!

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

All Along the Watchtower would be good for Hendrix. The End would be good for the Doors. In fact, there is a scenario on the Vietnam War hosted on CSC and the intro quote was from that song.

May I also suggest Fortunate Son by CCR?

God I love the 60s.

Comment

Working...
                              X