• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with Red Front

well,

could you tell me some advices

It seems impossible to stop that war machine,
    in the third turn they were already attacking Moscow!!!
    they have hundreds of units!!
    are they stoppable?

Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Well, if you want to avoid loosing moscow (in tuen 3?!?) I would advice atleast start making some more minefields (when you start a new game that is, you should not be loosing moscow).
    Also retreating units in the cities that are being overun by the germans is a must (they are just wasted in there, take them back and form a line of defence).

[This message has been edited by Henrik (edited February 28, 2001).]
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Shaka, take a look on the "Art of War" website, there are several strategies for RedFront
      Blah

Comment

http://aow.apolyton.net

That's what I'm here for.

(Thanks Bernd for the nomination ).
        Please Visit:
        http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

I need help too. I can't find any place to download it from.

Tried Nemo's site and Platehead but both had dead links.
          This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Go to Alex's site. There is a link form there.
            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I think its also on the Spanish CivSite here at Apolyton
              Blah

Comment

Are you guys talking about were to download the scenario from, or the strategy for winning it? If you want the scenario, it's in the league downloads, as well as on the spanish site. As for the strategy, I don't know where else besides the art of war. A hint to playing it, is that it follows the historical campaign. The germans are trying for Moscow and Leningrad in 41, and go for southern Russia in 42. Group your armor at Leneingrad and in the cities before Moscow, and blow away the stacks of Germans that appear. You must counterattack. If you hold back, you will be overwhelmed. Don't try to retake cities untill you have Katushas and heavy tanks. You have the advantage in winter. USE IT! Your Guards and partisans move quickly in snow, the Germans do not. Air power is useless in winter. Use this. Hold Stavastipol and you can wreck the whole southern flank of the assault. Preserve your sea power. You can't hold Odessa, sell what improvements you can, and take as many good units as you can else where. There is a good strategy peice in the Art of War that covers in more detail what I've said here.

------------------
                All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

You need to research fast. Set science rate at 80%, hire scientists in all cities (except for the 3 caucasian cities) to guarantee one tech per turn. Sell city improvements for cash to support your economy -- rush building units needs a lot of cash.
                  June 1941 you'll have the tech for katyusha, afterwards you have two choices:
                  a) go for the KV-1 tech for defense, which was my original suggestion in the strategy submitted to art of war. Stop researching after getting the KV-1 tech (set tax to 80% and hire taxmen). your defense will consist of only KV-1 and AA-battery. Rush build them till winter and concentrate your units in key cities. You'll be able to hold on.
                  b) go for IL-2 tech for counter-attack. You'll get the bomber tech on the way and you can put bomber-AA battery combos on strategic places to slow down the enemy advances. Stop researching after getting the IL-2 tech. Your force will consist Bomber, AA-battery, Caucasian chivalry, and IL-2. I have not yet tried this method but it looks like promising.
                  Air defense is the key. Stukas are your worst enemy and they are reincarnated once killed during Summer 1941. The best way to stop the stukas is to use a bomber. The stukas will stuck in the air trying to attack it; if a bomber is not available, then put any unit exactly 7 squares away from the stuka city will make the stukas turn back before attacking you. This is because that the stukas have a move of 12 and before they attack the AI will calculate if they have enough moving points getting back to the closest city. The second method works sometimes, but not always.
                  For more details please check out the art of war site.

Comment

Alex site = Nemo's site = dead link

Also can't find it at the Spanish Civ site either.

Chris, if you still have the red front zips, I have the sound files already and all I need is the 2 game zips. Can you e-mail them to me.
                    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Try 'Civilization Scenario Collection'. The link is on the bottom of this page

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by kobayashi on 02-28-2001 12:09 AM
                        Alex site = Nemo's site = dead link
                        Also can't find it at the Spanish Civ site either.
                        Chris, if you still have the red front zips, I have the sound files already and all I need is the 2 game zips. Can you e-mail them to me.

There on the way!

------------------
                        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Edit: umm, sorry again, I think I was wrong - it´s not on the Spanish Site, but on Allard´s CSC: http://csc.apolyton.net/
                          There´s a link in the newslist of this site to RedFront and also to Second Front

Edit2: hmmmm, my fault...

[This message has been edited by BeBro (edited February 28, 2001).]
                          [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited February 28, 2001).]
                          Blah

Comment

BeBro, I checked and Red Front is not on the Spanish Site! For shame, Jay Bee, not having this fine scenario availible there!

------------------

Comment

Kobayashi,

I can e-mail you Red Front if I can get an e-mail address from you.

Captain Nemo's work must live on!

Comment

Working...
                              X