New Ancient Empires Web Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ancient Empires Web Site

Anyone who's visited the old location will be pleasantly surprised. This is a MAJOR upgrade with lots of new sights and sounds....and perhaps even a few surprises. Please be my guest and take a stroll through the world of Ancient Empires!
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

I just checked it out. Fantastic! Lots of good(and useful) stuff! ****

------------------
    All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Looks like a great site Kull.

Comment

Tres bien, mon ami!

Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Definitely a big improvement over the previous site. I have to withdraw the statement I made a few weeks ago about Civ2 slowly dying. Enthusiastic endeavors like this ensure that Civ2 will still enjoy a long and prosperous life!

Nitpicker's note: I would eliminate the ratings (or let people judge by themselves)

Comment

Very good, Kull!

I´ll add it to my links page asap...

------------------
            Civ2000
            Blah

Comment

Superb.

Comment

Great work !!! I'm impressed.
                "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Excellent work, but there is some overlap in our city conversions.

http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggu...aoe_cities.gif
                  http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggu...ar3_cities.gif

------------------
                  St. Leo
                  http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
                  http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Indeed, I'm "pleasantly surprised"!
                    Another big contribution to the civ2 community by you...

My only little complaint is, that on my last visit yesterday the link bar in the graphics section is partially directing to your harddrive: "file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Webs/Ancient%20Empires/Graphics/cities.html"
                    Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Nice, nice, nice!
                      Please Visit:
                      http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

*makes mental note to bump up Kull's site on links page*

Looks great Kull!
                        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Wonderful. With all due respect to the other great scenario designers, you are my favorite.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys! As to some specific questions/suggestions:

SCDARS (Bad Links): Thanks for spotting the link errors. They have been corrected!

Jay Bee (Tool Ratings): I've never seen tools rated anywhere else, and felt it was worth asking people what they think. Hopefully the creators won't take offense, but rather can use the criticisms (if any) to improve their products. I encourage everyone who has used the various tools to submit both rankings AND comments.

St Leo (City Duplication): The Age of Empires Cities are very similar to your collection, but I "ripped" all of them myself using the SLP Studio program. The intent was to use them in the Odyssey, but in the end I liked your Caesar III cities better. As for "my" Caesar III cities, they did originate in your collection. However, I made several size and orientation adjustments and claimed them accordingly. If that seems too plagiaristic I can delete them or erase my initials. Your call.

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Chaos Warrior: The most recent is "The Odyssey". It takes place during the Bronze Age, and technically qualifies as an Ancient Empires scenario. At the same time it's COMPLETELY different from first two!

The original third scenario, "Death to Mitanni", is little more than a vague concept at this point and could be superceded. (I'm fascinated with Naram-Sin, one of the first of the great conquerors, and may do something with him.) The next AE project will probably be the development of an Ancient Empires mod-pack. This will use all the SoG files (except events) to allow for user-created AE games on random generated maps. It will also give you a full cast of 21 ancient mid-east civs to choose from.

Glad you've enjoyed the series so far. It's definitely my favorite era!

Comment

Working...
                              X