Converting an FW Scenario to MGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting an FW Scenario to MGE

How is it done? I only have MGE (and for Mac, at that), and have found several FW scenarios that I'd love to play.

------------------

----------------------------------------
    EchoPapa's scenarios are available at the ACS Mac Site
    and
    Visit the Institute for Naming Children Humanely at inch.stormpages.com
    and

No problem, then... MGE reads and plays FW scenarios. It's when you play MGE scens with FW that comes the throuble.
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Not entirely. For example, I know that Andrew Livings had to modify his excellent "New World Order" scenario to make it MGE-compatible. Non-MGE-compatible scenarios generally freeze up the computer before the intro text of the scenario comes up. Any advice?

------------------

and
      and

Comment

One of the .txt files which come with the scenario may cause problem. Usually it is label.txt, I believe. Simply delete the file then the scenario will work but the labels may no longer make sense. However if you are an expert then you can modify the file to get rid of the trouble makers without ruin the automosphere.

Comment

If MGE "freezes" while trying to load an FW scenario, 99% of the time the problem lies in the file called "scenario_name.txt" (where "scenario_name" is, usually, the name of the folder containing the scenario). To fix this problem either:

1) Delete the file called "scenario_name.txt"; or

2) Open it with a text editor such as notepad and delete the following three rows:

@listbox
          @options
          @columns=2

When you remove the rows, be sure to delete them COMPLETELY (i.e. don't leave spaces where the text used to be).
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
          X