Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the 2194 PBEM game

December 1941, Japanese broadcasting:

We have occupied the Pearl Harbor, Midway, Guam in the Pacific theater. We have occupied Vladivostok in Siberia. Those victories secured the Japan homeland.

In the Chinese front we occupied Kunming. In India/Southeast Asia we occupied Calcutta, Rangoon, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Padang, Tarakan, Surabaya, Ambon, Hongkong, Manila, Davao, Rabaul, Port Moresby. We destroyed an US AFB East of Port Moresby.

We also establised a beachhead in Australia at Darwin.

A total of 19 cities occupied, one destroyed.

Casualty:
    Japan: Imperial Infantry 5, Field Artillery 1, A6M2 Zero 6, Bomber 15, destroyer 1, cruiser 1,submarine 1.
    American: G.I. 7, AA Battery 3, Motorized Infantry 2, Fighter 14, Bomber 2, Destroyer 10, Cruiser 6, Freighter 1, Battleship 4, Submarine 3, Aircraft Carrier 1, Freight 3.
    Soviet: Red Army 5, Partisan 2, AA battery 1, Light tank 1, Motorized Infantry 2, Fighter 1, Bomber 1, Destroyer 3, Cruiser 1, Freighter 2, Battleship 1.
    British: Infantry 11, AA battery 2, Field Artillery 1, Motorized Infantry 2, Fighter 5, Destroyer 5, Cruiser 1, Battleship 3.
    Chinese: Nationalist Army 8, Engineers 2, AA battery 1, Field Artillery 2, Me262 Jet fighter 1 (must be a joke!)

Total casualty:
    Japan 30
    American 56
    Soviet 20
    British 30
    Chinese 13 (excluding the Jet fighter)

From the files of the German High Command:

quote:

4:15 am, shores of the Channel

The men are prepared to assault the coast. Sealion is proceeding according to plan. Boats are loaded, fighters scrambled and bombers are up. They will never know what hit them...

quote:

7:04 pm, Somewhere on the Eastern Front

The fighting continues into the night. The Soviets are just throwing themselves in front of our panzers. However, the chilling temperatures are most unfavorable for armord warfare. I should hope we can end this theatre quickly. I have seen many brothers in arms fall in these past weeks, the ferocity of the Soviet defense is immeasureable. Their armor capacity is far less than expected though.

quote:

12:00 noon Somewhere in the North Atlantic

The crewmen are fighting tremendously. We have sighted and sunk several British convoys...soon we will starve them off that island. The wolfpack strategy works wonders for the effectiveness of our craft.

Comment

December 1941

The United States broadcast:

We were unprovokedly attacked by the evil empire of Japan! Most of our Pacific fleet was destroyed and strongpoints occupied. On the same time pirating German submarines have sank all unarmed and peaceful freighters on Atlantic.

These crimes will not remain without punishment. All the might of America will rise against invaders!

Losses:

Japan - Bomber, 2 Destroyers, Submarine, Freighter
      Germany - 4 Submarines
      United States - 2 Fighters

Comment

January 1942

After hearing word of the initial Japanese victories across the Pacific, the will and fighting spirit of the German troops increased. The cold Soviet January was bonechilling, but they pushed on. Through the blizzard of snow one of the men shouted "there it is!" We saw them through our fieldglasses... the spires of the Kremlin. Those days were terrible. Fierce firefights took place on every streetcorner. The SS Stormtroopers proved invaluable with their MP 40's as they pushed the Red Guard out of the capital. The fighting lasted for weeks, but finally the last defenders gave up. The Panzer battalions poured their armor into the city square and we all celebrated Christmas in Moscow! We sang "I'm dreaming of a Red Christmas" in our best Bing Crosby impressions. It was a joyus time.
        The Red Army fought valiently on other parts of the Eastern front. They were able to outflank some of our positions and achieve breakthroughs. However, thanks to the armament industry we were able to send fresh troops to seal the gaps in the line and finish off their little adventure. All cities that had fallen to Soviet counter attack were promptly re-captured.
        Strategic oil reserves were captured in the Caucausus mountain region as Baku became another victim of the blitzkrieg.
        Across the Channel, the Brits are down to their last city. PzKwIV's were delivered to the beachead at Plymouth and they pushed their way across the island. Starving and without ammunition, the poor citizens of London do not fare well.
        The U-boats continue their tenacious patrolling of the icy north Atlantic. They have put a serious dent into the shipping toward Britain, and they will soon pull the noose tight enough to strangle the last city on the island.
        With the Japanese across the Urals at Sverdlovsk, the two nations prepare for a celebratory dinner in Moscow to mark the start of the New World Order.

[This message has been edited by Field Marshal Klesh (edited December 28, 2000).]

Comment

Won't this get out of hand early?
          I'm thinkin with Japan and Germany going first,controlled by experienced humans,this game may be over before it can get started.Maybe a 1 turn "grace" to start for a little preparation?
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

January 1942
            The United States broadcast:

The darkest time of all American history began when Japanese bombers, launched from carriers, made their surprise attack over sleeping country. This was followed by invasion of ground forces supported by battleships. Our defence systems which building was started after attack on Pearl Harbor were overrun. City after city fell under the terror of Japanese militarists. Enemy was stopped at last at the gates of White House just before they could reach to the Atlantic coast.
            In order to push Japanese army away from the Washington headquarters launched a counterattack with last remaining Light Tanks division supported by infantry. After complicated maneuvering and fierce battles our small army destroyed 4 enemy tank divisions and liberated 8 cities before running out of fuel.

Liberated: Pittsburgh, Chicago, Minneapolis, Bismarck, Omaha, St. Louis, Cleveland, Dallas.

Losses:
            Germany: Wehrmacht;
            Japan: 4 Light Tanks, 3 Submarines, Destroyer, A6M2 Zero;
            United States: G.I.

Comment

January 1941 Japanese broadcasting: Out troops have made impressive progress in all fronts. The ground troops' advancing speed was so fast that we have lost contact temporarily with them. That has caused delay in this news broadcast.

In the Northern Pacific front, our Imperial Navy and army launched another brilliant surprising attack against the American continent. Our battleships and cruisers bombarded the coast of Los Angeles, followed by our bombers and A6M2 Zeros. The air raid soon spreaded to other US cities: San Francisco, Salt Lake city, Pheonix, Denver, Albaqurque, Huston, Dallas, New Orleans, St. Louis, .... When our ground troops landed in Los Angeles, they immediately advanced to those cities to pillage the industrial areas. The headquarter gave them the command to secure San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Los Angeles. The first two cities have wonders critical to the Americans (The FDR's new deal counts for a police station in all cities, the Hoover's dam counts for a power plant in all cities), and the last one is our beach head for landing in the United States. However, our ground troops think they can advance further ahead into the enemy territory. So they went, and they have captured more cities: Omaha, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Minneapolis, Cleveland, .... They only regret that they could not take New Orleans, which had already been emptied by our AM Zeros. A Neutral freight was on the way and due to our agreement with the Neutrals we could not attack it. After many battles our troops were tired and they have run out of gasoline so they could not reach the Atlantic Ocean. The cities they captured also have not been secured due to short of landing units. Our reinforcement will arrive in Feburary and we will launch an attack to capture more cities while secure the ones we already have.

In the Southern Pacific front, our troops captured all Australia. Southeast of Australia there are sill a couple of islands in the British's hands (like, the New Zealand). Our troops will regroup and attack again. It is estimated that by March we will destroy all British and American forces in this area.

In the India front, we have captured several cities but stopped in front of Dehli. Our assaulting weapons could not reach the front due to bad road condition so we have to wait for a couple of more months to drive the British out of this part of the world and liberate the Indian people.

In the Russian front, our Imperial army made a heroic advance along the Siberia Railroad all the way to Sverdlovsk, the back door of Moscow. The sons of Japan were so determined that they have prepared never come back alive. For each city they captured, they sold the anti-tanks and used the Russian citizens as human shields. This means, should the Soviet Union try to take back the cities, they will destroy them instead. This will delay any possible advance for the Soviet towards Manchuria and China and allow us to concentrate our efforts in the American front.

We are delighted to know that our ally, the Germany, has captured Moscow in Europe. The Soviet is now down to a dozen cities and should have no strength to reach Manchuria in the near future.

The war is almost over.
              [This message has been edited by Xin Yu (edited December 28, 2000).]

Comment

Gee...and I thought this would take a while...

I call Xin on my side next game!
                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Feburary 1942 Japan broadcasting:

American front: the imperial army has occupied all of the American continent except Washington DC and Alaska. The imperial army also occupied all of Canada except Vancouver and a small island east of the continent.

Soviet front: the imperial army has occupied Stalingrad, Leningrad, and several other cities. Murmansk is destroyed.

Hahaha

Comment

You're incredible, Xin Yu...

------------------
                    The strategically impaired,
                    -Cal
                    The strategically impaired,
                    -Cal

Comment

Thanks Cal. Japanese has too many units. Thus it has an air/navy superiority against the US and a ground superiority against the Soviet. Speed is the key. If I let the Soviet and the US keep 30 cities each for several turns then their weapons will be too tough for me. I think the Soviet is the easiest to play under our setting while the other civs are sort of equal. Japan/Germany move first and gain advantages from it. However if either the Soviet or the US can hold on for 3 turns then the balance will shift to the Allied side. British is actually the key here: it has good navy and air units and can destroy Germany's productivity to help the other two nations. The US and the Soviet just need to pillage the roads and set up bomber/AA combos to delay the Axis' advance till good weapons are available.
                      Fortunately the Soviet and the US lost too quickly and the Britain did not do much damage to German.

Comment

In honor of Xin Yu's overwhelming victory, I have changed "gold" to "yen" in my default label.txt.

Comment

Xin Yu: Are you a military General or somthing?
                          Do you ever lose a war? I have yet to hear about some one killing of Xin Yu.

Comment

hey guys!

the game it sounds really interesting
                            why don´t you make the sav file available for download?

or at least send me a sav file to see how is the game going

Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                            Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Savegame sent to Marko.

German Broadcast:

After the astounding back door assault by the Japanese Imperial Marines, the Panzer divisions removed the last remnants of Soviet resistance from the European Continent. In the process, the city of Kallinin was destroyed, but in its place is the new City of Kleshnikov, the first of the German re-settlement programs. A lone Red Navy Battleship stands severly wounded in the Baltic Sea, the crew is contemplating scuttling the craft.
                              Our mighty Fallschrimjagers made a valiant paradrop upon Iceland, quickly subduing the garrison. While transports delivered supplies to the beseiging SeaLion forces that are starving London to it's knees. The British are truly desperate as they pillaged roads and rails leading to the city. The Organization Todt has been shipped across the channel to combat this technique. Soon London will fall.
                              The War's last true front exists in North Afrika. The Afrika Korps were stalling the British 8th army while the Armament Industry's production was focused toward the Soviets and British Ilses. Preparations are being made to assault the desert with our new Panther (PzKwV)tanks, whilst fortifications are being thrown up along the Med. to prevent a pre-emtive strike (88's and AA Batteries).
                              The Fatherland has it's Leibesraum, it seems the War is ours! We shall begin talks with the Japanese to discuss the policy toward our enemies.

Shaka: Each player sets a Password for his/her Civ, so a posted savegame would be worthless unless players are willing to give away their passwords. I agree that this concept is really cool. Another PBEM game could be in order after this one. Though modifications to the scenario may have to be made to weaken the Axis a bit.

------------------
                              I am the Ukrainian Anti-Pope!
                              Automatic Kleshnikov 2001
                              [This message has been edited by Field Marshal Klesh (edited January 08, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X