A question of schisms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question of schisms

I was talking with exile this morning about controlling the the way a civ goes into a revolution when it's capital falls. Is there a way to set it so that you can control which cities revolt, and what the new nation will be called,(and here's the really hard part), make it specific for each civ in a scenario. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Yes, but I also read somewhere that Schism can also produce an 8th civ.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel on 01-23-2001 04:18 PM
      Yes, but I also read somewhere that Schism can also produce an 8th civ.

I have read that somewhere also Stefan, but I can't remember where! Think of what could be done in scenarios if we can figure this one out!
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Guys, I think it's really time to get this idea for an eigth civ out of your heads. It is simply not possible (apart from Barbarians of course).

The game is simply not built for it, and any unit belonging to the eighth civ (via hex-editing), which ís possible, will produce strange results and causes the game to crash.

Comment

Stefan nad cpoulos,

have you ever heard about the two new wonders, Democratic Convention and Republican Convention?

------------------
          "Our community extends beyond national frontiers. Whether it is an Argentinian or a Spaniard, a Chilean or a Mexican, we all know as children that our national language is the language of many nations, and that it was born in Spain many centuries ago... without it, our people would not exist"

Octavio Paz, Mexican Writer. Nobel Laureate 1990, Cervantes Prize 1982

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Bee on 01-23-2001 05:28 PM
            Stefan nad cpoulos,

have you ever heard about the two new wonders, Democratic Convention and Republican Convention?

Elaborate please.

Comment

Funny.... I could swear that I've heard those names somewhere before.....
              *grumbles about work*

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cpoulos on 01-23-2001 06:14 PM
                Elaborate please.

Never mind.... it's a very old Civ2 joke

Comment

Its very hard to control the result from a schism, some have managed it, but I haven't been able to make use of it. Maybe someone has looked into it?

Btw, Allard any idea when the next CSC update will be?
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

IIRC, when a nation splits, the rebels will be of a color not in the game. So with 6 civs, you can kind of narrow it down to 3 possibilities...
                    *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                    X