A little hexediting tidbit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little hexediting tidbit...

In Allards' hex editing guide, he states the byte offset (A) for finding the game version.
    He is correct for all except Test of Time, which he has down as 31. It is in fact 32. Only a small correction I know but this might be useful for someone!

I tested this with the Midgard and the Time Threat Paradox scenarios, as well as various FW scenarios converted to ToT using CivConverter.

I haven't installed ToT at the moment, so I can't verify, but can it be that that is the patched version of ToT? I use the unpatched version..

Comment

The version number for Test of Time is hex'32'. That's how I coded civtweak. Civtweak also reckons hex'31' to be a Test of Time file.

------------------
      "There is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp."
      "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
      --

Comment

Hmmm. I have the patch. Maybe it is 31 for unpatched and 32 for patched? But how would applying a patch (to the civ2.exe) make a change to a scenario made with the unpatched version (Midgard)? Anyone like to supply a scenario from an unpatched version of ToT?

Comment

Working...
        X