Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gigantic WW2 Scenario is coming

THE FIRST PREVIEW

Since the autumn 1999 I have been working with "THE STRUGGLE FOR EUROPE" Civ2 scenario about WW2 in European Theatre. It will be released in this autumn.

The scenario allows you play as the leader of Germany, England, Soviet Union, France, Finland, Sweden, Turkey, Spain, Switzerland or Jugoslavia. Also multiplayer is possible. You can start from any point of war from May 1940 to May 1945. Actually there are 70 different starting positions which all are fully playable and supported with specific events files.

The AI is very strong and unpredictable - it changes its strategy more than 10 times during a game and always knows what and how to attack - there are more than 80 different events files. All my playtesters have lost all their games regardless which nation they had chosed to play. I have been able to win about 50% of time but I haven't finished work with the AI yet...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Marko (edited August 10, 2000).]

Estonia? Rock on!
    "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
    -OOTS

Comment

Holy ****...

Comment

Is this a solo project? WOW!

What platform will it be for?
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Platform is Civ2MGE.
          In order to make managing the scenario (without sounds about 10MB) as easy as possible for player I have created a big .BAT file with system of menues which manages everything.
          Until now it has been basicly solo project and I have spent most of my free time for it. The scenario is already fully playable but there are still many things to do. If anybody is interested to help me finish it before the winter we can start working in September when I reach back to Estonia (I'm in Denmark at moment and later go to Czech). Any help is welcome because the project is really LARGE.

------------------

Comment

Damn thats huge...so 70 different playable positions...does that mean its 70 scenarios in 1? 80 event files? This is huge... 10 civs to choose from too.. Ummm 10MB without sounds...This is big....

Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

That is a gigantic project...and it only took a year? That's pretty good. Will it have original art? Unique units? etc?
              Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Ay carumba! Who do you think can upload (and download) 10 MB of Civ2 fun?
                Follow the masses!
                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

*waves hands frantically*

I can! I can! Unfortunately I don't have MPE and can't find it. Let's see if the converter's any good...
                  *grumbles about work*

Comment

Sounds hea.

Comment

and I though red front was ambitious!,

however is it going to be mpg only or will you be able to play with FW? (MPG is impossible to get in the uk )

------------------
                      "If Hitler had invaded hell I would at least have made a favorable reference to the devil"
                      Wiston Churchil upon hearing of the Invasion of Russia

"You won the election, but I won the count"
                      Anastasio Somoza
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

There's a mpg->fw converter on the sleague site I believe

Comment

Actually, MGE can be ordered from the United States to England, if I am correct. Go to www.gamestop.com and order it.
                          Please Visit:
                          http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

THE SECOND PREVIEW

Actually most of the unit graphics and some of terrain, icons, etc graphics are new. I started making the scenario in September last year and have spent to it average 4-5 hours per day since this date. I really like creating this scenario in spite of work seems endless (especially at the beginning).

At moment there are 10 different dates which you can chose as starting time for the game:

May 1940 – ”Battle for France”
                            July 1940 – ”Battle for England”
                            June 1941 – ”Operation Barbarossa”
                            November 1941 – ”Battle of Moscow”
                            July 1942 – ”Battle of Stalingrad I ”
                            November 1942 – ”Battle of Stalingrad II”
                            July 1943 – ”Battle of Kursk”
                            June 1944 – ”Operation Overlord”
                            December 1944 – ”Battle of Bulge”
                            May 1945 – ”The end of Axis”

There is created as realistic as possible war situation in Europe for each starting date in three versions: for playing as Axis (Soviet Union and United Kingdom are overstrenghted), as Allies or Soviets (Axis is overstrenghted) or as minor nation or multiplayer (relative strenghts of nations are realistic). So there are 30 .SCN files at moment.

There are 10 nations you can chose to play but only 7 are present in each starting point of course. Axis, England, Soviet Union, France, Spain, Jugoslavia and Neutrals are present at May 1940. July 1940 France is named to Vichy France. June 1941 Jugoslavia is replaced by Turkey. November 1942 Vichy France is replaced by Finland and May 1945 Axis is replaced by Sweden.
                            All nations are playable but for example playing as Jugoslavians is extremely hard.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Marko (edited August 11, 2000).]

Comment

This does sound like an innovative and promising project.
                              But I would like to reccomend you to release it in several .zip files like "Spartacus" to give us slow-modemmers a chance
                              Follow the masses!
                              30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                              X