No announcement yet.

1818/1820 Art (Captain Nemo, look here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1818/1820 Art (Captain Nemo, look here)

1st row, left to right:[*]British infantry[*]British highlanders/grenadiers[*]British light dragoons

2nd row, left to right:[*]French infantry[*]French grenadiers[*]Austrian infantry

So how do these look?
    Please Visit:
    http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Beautiful work

------------------
    Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
    That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

George, unfortunately the pic doesn´t load on my IE, don´t know if other people have the same problem...

...edit: after the third reload they were displayed , and they look excellent

------------------
      Civ2000
      [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited November 11, 2000).]
      Blah

Comment

Nacchio!!! I want to see them too...
        [This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited November 11, 2000).]
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Sweet, especially the Highlanders.
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

At last ! I saw these units!!! Cool highlander, GL... I like this "thin red line" look!!!
            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
            "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Amazing, are you planing to use these in a scenario?
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

they're looking cool, indeed!

I made a 19th century scenario once, but the units I was using then didn't lok half as good as those

Comment

Thank you all.

Actually, right now master on high is making a gigamap of Europe for me to use in a scenario about the reconstruction of Europe after the Napoleonic Wars, mainly France. You can play as pretty much anyone, but the main player is France. You will try to raise the economy, build up a nice defensive force, and if you get lucky, start invading a little bit again.

I am actually part French, and love France (probably the only American that does ) and have wanted to make a scenario about France for some time. This is ideal for me, in my opinion. Thank master on high for his generosity at making the map, and even placing the cities, in which there are MANY of.

Because this will be in the 19th century, a gigamap is being used, as stated above. This will provide excellent tactics in warfare, as opposed to simply strategy, and a nice sense of how much you have to repair after the war. If you declare war again immediately when you begin the scenario, consider yourself dead. If you build up troops, then declare war, but loose again, its time for more repairs.

I still have to draw Austrian Grenadiers, Prussian infantry, Russian infantry, some more cavalry units, artillery (if I can even draw artillery) and some other things. Should be fun, and long.
                  Please Visit:

Comment

What the bloody hell!

They wear PLAID in Scotland laddie! Not khaki kilts!

j/k man, they look awesome!

------------------
                    The Arabic CivII Site

"Why are Muslims better than Jews you ask? Haven't you people ever heard of harems?"
                    -WarVoid

REMEMBER BLACK SATURDAY, SCARLET TUESDAY, SPINK & YYYH!

Comment

*BUMP* for me.
                      Please Visit:

Comment

Hmm, how will your scenario's AI handle the 255 city limit?

------------------
                        St. Leo
                        http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                        http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Good question.
                          Please Visit:

Comment

beats the hell out of me...I just place the cities...

and if it doesn't like it I'll make sure Polaris takes out the "too many cities" message...

or else.
                            Administrator at
                            www.quantum9.com
                            Visit the forums!
                            www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

Working...
                            X