No announcement yet.

ToT scenario preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh damn, people are interested. Err, what I really mean is, thank you for your interest...

I've hit a snag. The events for the battle at Stalingrad are not working right. A bunch of soviet units won't pop up and I don't know why, so their counterattack doesn't have enough power to flush the Germans out of the city. The human player is supposed to get slaughtered here because the main idea of the scenario is to play on the defensive trying to save the crumbling Reich. That will never happen if the human player obliterates the enemy at Stalingrad. So give me a couple of days to figure out the problem and fix it. Sorry.

Comment

I think I've fixed the problem. I was having trouble getting the checkflag event trigger to work to produce enemy units. I suspect that you can only get this event to work once, and then it stops. I've tried using the continuous modifier but to no avail. So I used the good old "give technology" trick to produce enemy units. It should be fine now. I'll have to write up a readme for you guys, so playtesting should be ready when I finish that. In the meantime, I can sent the dll, icons, and sound files. Anyone want them?

------------------
      "There is no more illustrious history than the history of the Magyar Nation... The whole civilized world is indebted to Magyarland for its historic deeds."
      -Theodore Roosevelt, to the Hungarian Parliament,
      April 2, 1910

Comment

Yes, yes very much so!
        Please send them!!!

Comment

Seeing as I'll be getting ToT pretty soon (it's out on budget yeaaa!) Having played RF and 2ndF I would love to playtest this scenario. I remember that you have to rename a few graphic files here and there to make a ToT scenario work. Does it include installation instructions?

-------------------------------------------------------
          Happy Sint Nicolas day!
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

quote:

. I remember that you have to rename a few graphic files here and there to make a ToT scenario work. Does it include installation instructions?

Yes it includes instructions, but its not that difficult. All you have to do is removes all the sprite files from the original directory. I think that if you have the patch installed, you don't even have to do this. I'm not sure because I got rid of the sprites a long time ago.

Is Senator Palpatine the only one who wants the files, or still willing to playtest?

Comment

Working...
            X