People's Storm reconstruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People's Storm reconstruction

I believe I said that I had problems in laying out the rivers for People's Storm. There were lots of problems with the map. Now that we have gigamaps and a nice MapEdit utility, I think I will make a nice bigger map which will be better, and have ocean squares for big rivers and such, which was preferable but impractical before. Also I'm thinking of switching the project to ToT. But then I got to thinking, "sheet, why not just wait for CtP 2 to come out, make ascenario for that (if you'll be able to)?"

But then again I am also deeply considering a China scenario since I've been doing research on it for a paper. (I could call it People's Storm too!)

Well, since everyone will be playing Second Front and other good scenarios are coming out I'm sure everyone will be able to wait.

I just have one question: Of those of you most interested with the People's Storm ideas, who has ToT, and who is only have original Civ2 or FW?

Listen hither, vile creature, thou shalt not mention ctp2 again or it shall be thy life thou are reconstructing!

Comment

Bloody straight, darthveda! DO... NOT... GIVE... IN... TO... DARK... SIDE! Fantastic Worlds is what it must be done with! You'd deserve a good spanking just for thinking anything else!
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Hey! Don't knock on CTP2...it's not even out yet! And it sounds like it will have a good scenario editor.

On the other hand, I wouldn't admit to owning ToT even if I did own it.

Anyway, back to Second Front...I mean, homework...
        "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

I for one am interested in playing People's storm. Please make it FW.
          "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

sigh... unfortunately if I do not make it in Multiplayer Gold or ToT I can not use a gigamap. And if I do not use ToT I won't have the extra units and events space that I would really like.

Comment

ToT IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!

Comment

Please make it for MGE, not ToT, if only for the reason that I have recently brought MGE and don't want to shell out another £10 for ToT

------------------
                Windows 98 (windoze) a 32 bit extention of a 16 bit graphical shell for an 8 bit operating system, origalanly coded for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company who can't stand one bit of competition!
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Listen, Eternal, here's the thing. Consider this: Are you making this scenario for a. yourself or b. for civving populace? B? Good. Then you won't, at least, make it for ToT. If otherwise, and if you haven't got ToT, you simply can't play it. OTOH, I'd venture to guess that many if not most ToT owners also have FW/MGE in their machines, and could play it if it was on FW or MGE - and isn't there converter to make them ToT scenarios?

i'd still prefer FW. That way, it'll reach widest audience. And screw those dreams about giga-size maps! Sometimes I think that most maps scenarios use are too big already.
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Working...
                  X