No announcement yet.

Second Front Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! The scenario looks just fantastic. I wish I had my computer back so I could play it...

I can't make any promises but I would like to host it on my site. It would be a nice touch for the relaunch of the site since it's all new now. All I would be waiting for is for me to get my computer back in working order so I can upload all if it.

Would, let's say Friday or Saturday, be early enough?

(Mental note:I really hope I get my modem to work by then...)

------------------
    Mathias' Civ II Page
    http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
    The Lost Geologist Blog
    http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

The fuel idea was a nice touch nem0, I'm not sure I discussed it with you but I'm going to include it in my next two scenarios.

Oh did I say two... I meant my next scenario Kyokujitsu.
      [This message has been edited by DarthVeda (edited October 03, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Nemo on 10-02-2000 08:40 PM

Hendrik, Bebro, Shadowstrike: You are all welcome to put the scenario on your sites. I have not made an announcement page for it at this time. There should be some good screenshots available as soon as you start playing...

Thank you, Nemo, I´ll upload it as soon as possible...

------------------
        Civ2000
        Blah

Comment

Thanks Nemo, I will upload it asap!

------------------
          Mathias' Civ II Page
          http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
          The Lost Geologist Blog
          http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Nemo on 10-02-2000 08:40 PM

Hendrik, Bebro, Shadowstrike: You are all welcome to put the scenario on your sites. I have not made an announcement page for it at this time. There should be some good screenshots available as soon as you start playing...

Thanks. I'll put it up with the next update, which I'll do when I stop playing SF.... which will probably be a month from now...

*rubs tired eyes*
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

Just when I was getting the hang of flying the X-Wing and blowing away Tiefighters... looks like I'll have to put that, Harry Turtledove, and any thoughts of a social life on hold for a while...

THANKS Nemo...

Comment

Ok guys, I have a question...

I just got FW, but haven't the time to install it now. I noticed on the conrner of the box, it says "requires Sid Meier's Civ II to play".
                I have only MGE. Will I be able to install FW and be able to play it(basically for SF only). I mean will it conflict with the FW in MGE? Will I have to get the old CivII, and add my new FW to that? Can you even buy the ol' CivII? I'm under the inpression that MGE is the only one still sold...
                I guess when I install it I'll find out... just thought I'd ask...

------------------
                I am the Ukrainian Anti-Pope!
                Großdeutschland!

Comment

FMK: I don't think you can install FW after MPE. MPE has more bits than the original civs. I may be wrong. However I think you only need to borrow a copy of the original civ and install it before installing FW then you don't need the original civ CD. I may be wrong as well.

This hotseat game in MPE is more challenging, plus I don't need to wait for a long time for the AI to move its pieces. I'll try it in RF next time so I won't be tortured (watching my units die one after another for 30 minutes) in June 1941.

Comment

Crappy.

I hope it works...gonna give it a try now.
                    I don't know anyone personally that has the old CivII.
                    Perhaps eBay again. Damn, I was so ready to play the real SF. I'll see if it works...wish me luck

------------------
                    I am the Ukrainian Anti-Pope!
                    Großdeutschland!

Comment

Crap. Crap, Crap, Crap.

Damn thing won't work!!! eBay again
                      I was all excited to let this scenario rip in it's full FW glory. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait. I am so mad right now I don't even know what to do...

Comment

Ya know...you forget to check this forum for a week and look what you miss!

!!!

*drools*
                        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

FMK - FW installed in a different sub directory doesn't work?? That seems strange. I have 2.42, MGE, and ToT all on my PC and they each are totally independant of each other. Odd. I was going to get FW for scenarios as well.

Anyway - MGE Second Front does have that advantage over RF - 30 minutes of getting wiped out each turn changes to 5 seconds of "AI moving".
                          Be the bid!

Comment

Yes there is that problem with FW...
                            You need to install the original Civ II then FW. But you could borrow the original Civ II install it and return it, because you can boot with the FW disk after the original install. I didn't know, gave away Civ II because I have CiC, FW and MPG anyway, then got a new computer and could not install FW!! I borrowed an old Civ2 disk and now I'm back in business.
                            I have 2 directories so I keep MPG and FW totally separate because I have heard that merging them causes some real problems.

Comment

Can you even merge MPG and FW? Wouldn't that cause some contradictions?
                              Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Dammit- why do I have to see this when at school and 8 hours from my computer

But on the other hand- celebrate!

I'll have to take tomorrow off school (j/k)
                                "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
                                X