Second Front Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Front Released

Well, this is it. Second Front is ready for download. After almost 8 months of work it is finally here...
    Because it wasn't playtested as extensively as Red Front there could be some problems and I will keep up with any problem reports posted here.

I also would appreciate feedback on spelling, bugs, historical inaccuracies etc. Only 70% of the files were spell-checked, but I decided to release the scenario rather than wait a few more weeks, with the hope that I will get feedback and be able to do a more general revision including the spelling.

Right now the scenario is available for download from my ISP at the following coordinates:
    http://home.att.net/~captainnem0/SFfw.zip
    http://home.att.net/~captainnem0/SFmpg.zip
    http://home.att.net/~captainnem0/SFgifs.zip
    http://home.att.net/~captainnem0/SFsnds.zip

The two first zipfiles contain the game files for the FW and MPG versions (You only need to download one), Files 3 and 4 are the Graphics and the Sounds.

If anyone wishes to host this scenario on their Website it would be welcome, as Alex is too busy to add it to the War Gallery. Please contact me if you are interested.

And now:
    "Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne...
    ...blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone."
    (Anyone knows what that is?)

[This message has been edited by Captain Nemo (edited October 09, 2000).]

Let me be the first to say...

YAY! IT'S FINALLY DONE!

------------------
    -Cal
    The strategically impaired,
    -Cal

Comment

Well done, Captain Nemo

You are a good fellow...

I will play this scenario and let you know how it works out...

------------------
      Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
      That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

*Does the boogie*
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Oh my god it's done!
          Can't wait to get home and get my hands on it.

Comment

Great!

And for the hosting, can I add the scn (both versions) to my MustPlay section, Nemo?

------------------
            Civ2000
            Blah

Comment

By the way, about that quote...

"The sobs of violins of victory...
              bless my heart dune dreary languor."

Ok, my French EuroTranslator obviously is not helping here... what is it?

------------------
              -Cal
              -Cal

Comment

And now:
                (Anyone knows what that is?)

According to the movie "The Longest Day," it was a phrase that was broadcasted to the French resistance to alert them that the invasion was imminent.

Comment

*Boots little brother off Rollercoaster Tycoon to play SF*
                  "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

YES!!!!!

Glory to the Captain!
                    Nemo be thy name!!!

I am at my damn college library...of all places to read of the release!
                    I am considering forgetting all that I have to do in order to dl this and free Northern France!!!

Nemo, Thank you sir, you bring so much joy to my Civ life. I can't thank you enough...seriously.

I will try the MGE version first...My FW should be comming in the mail soon (picked it up on eBay, $4.50!)
                    I will try to help you as much as possible with the spelling etc... It's the least I can do to help you out.

I love you man, *gives Nemo a big squeeze*
                    [This message has been edited by Field Marshal Klesh (edited October 02, 2000).]

Comment

*puts in Handels Messiah CD*

Haaaaal--lelujah!

Now all I have to do is write a 5 page English paper in the next 4 1/2 hours, before lots of happy SF playing. Anyone know anything about Beowulf?
                      "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

quote:

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct:

The long cry of the raped autonomy...
                        ...wounded my heart in a monotone weakness.

Looks wonderful, Nemo!
                        Follow the masses!
                        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Just starting now, I can't wait
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Sleep-less nights... here I come....

Captain Nemo, I'd be interested in hosting this, but my site won't be up for another *checks calendar* week or two. Luckily here in Canada, Thanksgiving is coming up so I have another long weekend to work with.

Alright... After Apolyton its SF until tomorrow morning! (And I use EST)
                            *grumbles about work*

Comment

Thanks for all the great endorsements... I hope it lives up to all the expectations. It's not Red Front but I think it has some cool ideas.

Hendrik, Bebro, Shadowstrike: You are all welcome to put the scenario on your sites. I have not made an announcement page for it at this time. There should be some good screenshots available as soon as you start playing...

Jim you are right, it's not only in "The Longest Day" movie... It was truly the code (Verse from a Verlaine Poem) broadcast on the BBC to alert the French Resistance of the imminence of D-Day. The first half announcing that it would take place within five days and the second 24 hours before the assault. The Germans had exact intelligence about this AND caught both messages, but decided it was a hoax... I guess it was one of many rumors about the invasion and it was difficult for them to distinguish truth in the vast mass of disinformation the Allies threw at them.

Comment

Working...
                              X