Barbarian Leader Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarian Leader Stats

While designing the barbarian activity in my upcoming scenario, I made the following observation which I haven't seen elsewhere:

Barbarian leaders seem to resemble the Diplomat slot in all ways except their icon and their behavior. I used this to make a domain 3, move 0 leader, which marks the spot where either a pirate or a horde is created. Other ideas would be a harder-to-kill leader (work for that reward!) or one which runs away faster.

It just so happens that I have been researching this exact point for the next update to the Barbarian Paper.

Your observation, Tavis, is absolutely correct, the Barbarian leader does get all his unit stats from the diplomat slot in the rules.txt file. Therefore, you can transform the barbarian leader into an attacking by changing it's role, a flying unit by changing it's domain, and so on ...

This, of course, opens another window of opportunity for creative scenario designers.

Comment

When you bribe a barbarian leader you actually get a dipomat.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
      X