Orinthopter Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orinthopter Pic

Does anyone have a pic that I could use for an ornithopter? I know, its an unusual request, but I can't seem to find any. Thanx in advance.
    *grumbles about work*

If you can wait until the weekend, I can try to draw one? Have you some special ideas about the look? And should it be isometric or not?
    Blah

Comment

Thanx for you're aid. As for the view, isometric would be nice. I have a picture, but it's only 2 dimensional. I can't draw for beans and my attept ended in failure.
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

There is never any failure in trying. Keep drawing until you get good at it.

Comment

Dune ornithopter or Magic the Gathering ornithopter? Like I have either
          "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
          -OOTS

Comment

M:TG orni perfered. I like the wood & cloth feel of that one (the Dune one is OK, but looks to mechanical)
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

Hmmm, the Dune ornithopters are what I´ve had in mind when I offered to draw one. I don´t know the M:TG thing.
              Shadowstrike, if your 2D pic shows this M:TG orni, please send the pic to me (the e-mail button works), it would be helpful...
              Blah

Comment

Darn, I knew I needed a scanner sometime... Well, if there are any Magic players with this card and a scanner, can you please be so generous as to post it here?

Maybe I can convey this to you verbally, BeBro. Imagine a bird, with wodden bones and in lieu of feathers, sailcoth. Where the bird's body would be, you would have a wodden compartment (as in Dune but those are metallic) where the pilot would be situated. Attached to the wooden frame of the wing, are small bombs (don't know if you can depict this, if not, its ok).

Basically, the Dune ornithopter, built of wood and sailcloth and with the wings to the side and not above the main compartment.

Thanx for volenteering.
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

So, what the heck is an ornithopter, an insect, a bird or a platypus???
                  HAIL THE HEROES!

Francesco Toldo, Fabio Cannavaro, Marco Iuliano, Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta, Gianluca Pessotto, Demetrio Albertini, Antonio Conte, Angelo Di Livio, Stefano Fiore, Luigi di Biagio, Gianluca Zambrotta, Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro del Piero, Marco Delvecchio, Francesco Totti,

GRAZIE GIOCATORI!!!

----
                  CATENACCIO PRINCIPIO QUASI GENIALE

Comment

The description helps a lot I´ll try it in the next days. Should I mail you the result directly or post it here , Shadowstrike? Ok, it´s late now in Germany...
                    Blah

Comment

You're choice BeBro. And its getting dark here in Canada so I can imagine how late it is in Germany. My profile mail works now.
                      *grumbles about work*

Comment

To answer you're question Beto, an ornithopter is a plane, not the conventional type but one which flies by the means of flapping wings, like a bird. As yet, no ornithopter large enough to carry passengers has ever flew, as far as my knowledge goes. It has been portrayed in various Fantasy and Science-Fiction Novels.
                        *grumbles about work*

Comment

A couple of weeks. I've already got all the units and terain art, so its just placing the units, cities, setting up the scenario and finding the icon art.
                          *grumbles about work*

Comment

Ok, Shadowstrike, here is the first try...
                            I try to follow the description (wood, sailcloth, little bombs), but the result is probably completely different from your imagination.

I need suggestions about what should be changed.

------------------
                            Civ2000

[This message has been edited by BeBro (edited August 24, 2000).]
                            Blah

Comment

It's perfect. It looks wonderful. Thank you for all your help. Do you want to playtest this scenario when its ready?
                              *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                              X