Clear All

• Another preview...

I kinda like those clues...

Ok, there it goes, clue 1:

clue 2:

clue 3:

[This message has been edited by Allard HS (edited August 08, 2000).]

Another X-men scenario, Allard?
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

you're simply too fast...

check again. (maybe reload if the X is cached)

Comment

Too simple, Allard... the Khartoum siege!!!
        Go Gordon - ahem, Al-Mahdi.. huh wich side is playable, Allard?
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

It was not supposed to be hard...

well, it's much more than just the siege, fortunately! The whole campaign. Even the Fashoda incident.

Comment

You're working on this now? Is Western Front still active?
            Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

So have you put in also Dervish-Etiopian wars? Great!!!! Super & marvelous!!!
              Anyway, you know, i was just kidding about the whole "hard to guess" think...

Comment

hmm, they might think I'm doing this to increase my number of posts...

Western Front is cancelled for the moment. A question of priorities... I might send it to the Humanist's workshop thing. Well, that one is still about 75% done, but the remaining 25% is still a lot, which I do not have the time to do.

This scenario is a lot more fun to make (that's the whole point of creating a scen after all), and more simple, not so many innovating stuff, or big tech trees, just a big war, 36 turns to take 36 objectives, but as that is impossible, the whole point is not conquering the world, but take as much as possible in as little time as possible. That makes a different kind of scenario, where you are sure of victory, but deliberately need to leave some cities in hostile hand behind your army to take more important cities.

Prometheus, no Dervish-Ethiopian War. That would ruin the fun of the game, to have only little time. And it's strictly a one-campaign only scenario (with a little extra's), not an historical simulation of Africa in the late 19th century.

Anyway, I expect it to be ready for playtesting shortly.
                [This message has been edited by Allard HS (edited August 08, 2000).]

Comment

What would your "Western Front" scenario be on? World War I or WWII?
                  Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

ww1. August 1914 till September 1914. The most interesting, shocking, awakening month of the early 20th century. The month in which Europe went from the 19th to the 20th century.

why? are you interested in continuing it?

Comment

Well, I, for one, was interested in it...oh well.

Can someone give me a background about this campaign?

Comment

I think I'd like Western Front more.

Comment

I'd like both....

Comment

Well, I'd like Western Front more too, but it seems to be too much work, and hey, if Allard doesn't want to do it, who are we to argue?

Comment

Exactly, Mao

After all, one scenario is better than no one at all. Besides, Western Front is cancelled "for the moment". So, who knows what the future will bring us??

What is it about? Let me quote mr Churchill (I edited the text):

^ "In those distant days the world was tranquil and our country relatively rich and
                              ^powerful. In spite of the wishes of many statesmen of both political parties,
                              ^England was drawn into Egypt. After the Bombardment of Alexandria in 1881, we
                              ^became to all intents and purposes the paramount power.
                              ^ It was at this moment that the Rebellion of the Mahdi plunged the vast, remote
                              ^provinces of the Soudan into bloodshed and confusion. Mr Gladstone's Government
                              ^viewed with horror being involved in the Soudan. They unhesitatingly resolved
                              ^to relinquish the Soudan to barbarism. General Gordon was sent to Khartoum to
                              ^wind up affairs and bring away the surviving soldiers and Egyptian colonists.
                              ^ He was soon 'hemmed in', and the long blockade began. The relievers arrived
                              ^before Khartoum two days too late. The city was already in the hands of the
                              ^Dervish mob. Gordon and nearly all the people he would not desert had been
                              ^massacred. The evacuation of the Soudan was thus complete.
                              ^ However, the story had sunk deeply into British hearts. After the overthrow of
                              ^Mr Gladstone in 1886, the British Government set about the recovery of the
                              ^ruined territory. At the head of the Egyptian Army stood Kitchener, a British
                              ^officer of exceptional capacity and growing repute.
                              ^ More than ten years after the sack of Khartoum, the first advance into the
                              ^Dongola Province began, and two years later, in 1898, the armies of the savage
                              ^Dervish empire were shattered and largely destroyed in the Battle of Omdurman."
                              ^ - Sir Winston Churchill, 1933

[This message has been edited by Allard HS (edited August 09, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X