Comments on these units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on these units

I've decided to draw some of my own units for a project, partly because I'll never find all the graphics already made out, and because I'm not a huge fan of scanned, "Hi-res" units.

These are a M2 Bradley, a Marder, and 2 infantry units (The first to be used by "Western" armies, the other by the Warsaw Pact and Yugoslavia).

I was able to obtain images for a great deal of the equipment involved, but if anyone can help me find them for the following it'll help and you'll be credited:

GCT 155mm (French SP gun)
    Pz 68/88 (Swiss tank)
    FMC/NUROL, FMC/NUROL 120mm (Turkish tank and SP gun... are these the actual names? I got them from the OAoW2 manual)
    S-4K7F (Austrian IFV/APC)
    IAFV (Italian IFV/APC)
    Palmaria 155mm(Italian SP gun)
    S211 (Italian plane)
    Roland (SAM system-can't find a GOOD image)

try www.fas.org - its got heaps of photos of tanks and stuff, and lots of links.
    www.army-technology.com is also good
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Eternal. If you want a playtester for this any time send the scen to me.
      "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

You may want to use a wider range of greens hues in these - the colours are far too similar to each other.

------------------
        St. Leo
        http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
        http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Got most of the pics you need... i just have to scan these pics.

------------------
          Ave atque vale...
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

grrrrrrr....am I the only one who still can't load the pic??? God...I can never see the pics!
            Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Neither can I.
              Please Visit:
              http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Mao, Polaris > Have you tried to just go to the url?

Case... www.fas.org is what I used for the quipment I already have. I'll try the other site

Anyway, I think I don't think I'm going to use a map in which I have to include the Turks, Italians, Yugoslavians, and Spanish. In the old units I didn't even have room for bombers or helicopters, and specific classes of ships. Maybe now I can include some of these.

Thanks
                [This message has been edited by Eternal (edited July 20, 2000).]

Comment

You should also try the Janes books on armoured fighting vehciles, past and present. These are typically advailable from decent bookshops and libaries.
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Eternal on 07-20-2000 10:21 PM
                    Anyway, I think I don't think I'm going to use a map in which I have to include the Turks, Italians, Yugoslavians, and Spanish.
                    [This message has been edited by Eternal (edited July 20, 2000).]

I assume this is a NATO vs Warsaw Pact scenario. In that case you should put Turkey and Itay in NATO and (if it's post 60s) France out. I tried splitting NATO in my cold war scenario, but it meant you couldn't land troops to help so easily, which was irritating.
                    "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

OK...I see it now...not bad...got any MBTs?
                      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Italy and Turkey and Spain are a non-issue because nothing south of the Alps will be on the map at all. Germany is where most the action will be, so it is pretty big. Scandinavia is covered, but is shrunk somewhat. Also, though it is set circa 1984, I am including France as part of NATO, because even if it wasn't part of the ICS, when it sees the Red Storm moving in, I imagine it'll straighten up right quickly.

Mao... Yes, the T-72, T-62, and T-55 are present, as well as the Leopard 2, Challenger, AMX-30, and the Americans will hae bothe M60 Patton and the M1A1 Abrams. The Abrams won't be there at the start but the idea is that America will step up deployment when USSR mobilizes. Also, Sweden will have the Ikv and Austria the Kurassier.

Comment

*drool*

Comment

I made a scenario a while back about the Gulf War. The units in it are pretty good, not quite Red Front quality but close.
                            They include:
                            M1, Bradley, Patriot, AMX30, Challenger, M60, T-62, T-72, SCUD launcher, SAM batteries, Nimitz carrier, F15, F16, Mig23, A10 etc... They are in desert camo colors but that could easily be changed.

Comment

Where can I find it?!

Comment

Working...
                              X