Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP-how can I import a "Flat World" map into ToT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP-how can I import a "Flat World" map into ToT?

It keeps coming up as round no matter what I do. Were those idiots so proud of their little spinning globe that they destroyed this important scenario-design feature?

If the spinning globe annoys you, you can just click it to make it flat.
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

If you mean import, as in create it as Map 2, you cannot mix Round and Flat maps in one game. Map 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 must all be flat or round, not both.

Comment

I think the world spins whether the map is round or not - one can safely ignore it or turn it off.

------------------
        St. Leo
        http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
        http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I mean I am importing "Flat world" maps from my Civ2 map editor, and Test of Time does not recognize them as flat. It allows me to scroll left/right until I come back to where I started from. Is there some trick to importing maps that I am unaware of, to preserve the "hard" border? Thanks -- this is driving me nuts!

PS -- I'm not trying to turn the spinning globe off or mix round/flat maps. I'm just rying to get any flat map to work.

Comment

I think randomturn is asking not about the globe - the actual map themselves do not have east-west borders/edges.

When setting up the game, you go through a window that asks for 'Use Standard rules' vs. 'Customise rules'... in 'Customise rules' use 'The world is flat' option.

b.t.w. - please try not to repeat the same thread in multiple forums - if doing so, please advise this in your post.

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited July 10, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

When setting up the game, you go through a window that asks for 'Use Standard rules' vs. 'Customise rules'... in 'Customise rules' use 'The world is flat' option.
              Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.

quote:

b.t.w. - please try not to repeat the same thread in multiple forums - if doing so, please advise this in your post.
              Out of curiosity, why? I can't believe that this was any real inconvenience to anyone. Thanks again, though.

Comment

Happy to help - although The Mad Monk beat me to it in your other thread.

Apolyton has prohibited "Multiple identical comments posted in many different threads" as per their FAQ 2.1 Reg. XVII.

Comment

Working...
                X