A little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help

Right just a little question about technologys: In my scenario I need 6 techs for individual civs units, so I thought I'd make each tech with itself as the prerecquisit (sp?) (ie British tech, Pre 1: british Tech, Pre2: British tech) my question is will this work and can I use it for all techs?

------------------
    Cockney used to be schizophereic but we'er ok now
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Why don't you just make them NO, NO advances?
    I certainly wouldn't do what you have come up with. It might cause a lot of problems. I think it might even crash the game but I'm not sure.
    On another point, whats the use of giving it prerecquisits if the civs already have it...

------------------
    Mathias' Civ II Page
    http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
    [This message has been edited by Hendrik the Great (edited July 02, 2000).]
    The Lost Geologist Blog
    http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

You should peek at my tip on the subject in the SLeague Design Tips. A better strategy is to create a dummy tech that you derive all of these from, so that the editor won't try to "trim" them out of the scenario. The dummy tech then derives from NO, NO. That should allow the units to appear in the Pedia, but not to be researchable.

At least, that's my memory of how it works. It's been a while since I tried this, so you might want to check my tip and make sure I told you the right thing :-)

------------------
      -Blackclove
      Email: blackclove.geo@yahoo.com
      Web: members.xoom.com/platehead/

Comment

I just simply make the prerequites Plu and nil. Unless you use the Plumbing technology, this is quick and easy. The computer does read this tech as a no,no since Plumbing is one, and this can cause some confusion with Fantastic Worlds when you use the editors in it

Comment

K, I'll try that thank guys
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
          X